• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colts GM Claim Luck Rib 'Injury Report Inaccurate' Per ESPN

FootballMaestro

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

To keep other teams from targeting an injured area.

I understand the rationale, but it was still a dumb decision.  Given that I think Grigson is an idiot though, can't say I'm surprised.

You wanna protect your quarterback? How about getting him a competent offensive line instead of piling on more receivers?

You know what fixes broken ribs?  Wide receivers! 

Goes to trade for CJ. 

Even if it didn't affect his availability, the Colts were obligated to report the injury

My forecast is a fine and suspension for Grigson, and a fine and loss of a draft pick for the Colts.

Not like any of these punishments would be a loss. All NFL teams have plenty of money, Grigson should be in the unemployment line, and they've got plenty of WRs, so losing a draft pick won't kill them.

I think Grigson kind of had to say that. He's not going to readily admit they've been lying.

However, this issue brings up a question for me. It's not uncommon for reports to come out in the off-season that player-who-underperformed was playing through an injury nobody knew anything about. Are those injuries the players didn't even tell the team about? Just made up to save face? Or could the team get in trouble once that info comes out but it just doesn't seem as big a deal once the season is over?

Archived