• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Colts Gameday Thread

Montsta

eSPN has posted some interesting pre-game stats:

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/111137/monday-night-football-top-stats-to-know-colts-panthers

Here's an excerpt.  There are also stats on the Colts.

The Elias Sports Bureau tells us that only two teams have had a better start than the Panthers following a losing season since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970. The St. Louis Cardinals started 7-0 in 1974 and the Kansas City Chiefs started 9-0 in 2013.

Defense has been the key to success during the 10-game win streak.

The Panthers entered Week 8 ranked second in points per game allowed (15.3) and turnover margin (+10) since the start of their winning streak in Week 14 of last season. During that span, the Panthers’ 4.8 yards per play allowed ranks third in the NFL behind the Denver Broncos (4.4) and Seattle Seahawks (4.5).

Cam Newton's great play late in games has been another key.

Newton is one of three qualified quarterbacks who have not thrown a fourth-quarter interception this season. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are the others.

Newton has a fourth-quarter Total QBR of 93 this season, highest in the NFL. The last quarterback with a higher fourth-quarter Total QBR over a full season was Peyton Manning in 2006 (94), the year he led the Colts to a Super Bowl title.

40 minutes ago, Snake said:

If your not sweating after eating hot wings, your not eating hot wings. 

The wife had some wings like things at a Mexican Restaurant one time. She asked if they had any hotter sauce, so they brought her some. She then asked if they had any that was actually hot. They said they had some the employees use. When they brought it out, all the kitchen staff were standing at the door watching her. She broke out in a sweat, but she ate them all. Needless to say, almost everyone came over to talk to her.

I can't do that hot, but the wife is one tough SOB. She says all the time. "If you aren't sweating, it ain't hot enough".

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

The wife had some wings like things at a Mexican Restaurant one time. She asked if they had any hotter sauce, so they brought her some. She then asked if they had any that was actually hot. They said they had some the employees use. When they brought it out, all the kitchen staff were standing at the door watching her. She broke out in a sweat, but she ate them all. Needless to say, almost everyone came over to talk to her.

I can't do that hot, but the wife is one tough SOB. She says all the time. "If you aren't sweating, it ain't hot enough".

wife her, ok u did that already. dont fug that poo up. shes a keeper. you treat that lady right.

7 minutes ago, chknwing said:

wife her, ok u did that already. dont fug that poo up. shes a keeper. you treat that lady right.

Almost 25 years. Been together since the night we met. Couldn't get rid of her if I tried. Not that I've tried too hard...yet. Although, she still has no clue about football. When Ryan got dragged down she asked how that guy got away with that. She still doesn't understand that having the football in your hands is dangerous.

Thankfully, she pretty much leaves me alone when the Panthers, and Michigan State play. So she's got that going for her.

Don't know why I felt the need to add that. I guess I still like talking about her. Kinda sucks in a needy kind a way.

Interesting from Adam Schefter..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13979786/robert-griffin-iii-chiefs-calvin-johnson-panthers-five-trades-happen-nfl

5. Detroit trades wide receiver Calvin Johnson to the Panthers for a second-round pick, plus a fourth.

Detroit's season is already effectively over in terms of competing for a playoff spot, and it's time for a reboot, which means getting draft assets wherever it can. The Lions can get back an extra pick (or more), while the Panthers could land the stud wide receiver they need to compete for an NFC South title -- a move that would be wildly popular in the Carolinas. Remember, Johnson is now over 30, very expensive, and Detroit won't be able to shop him forever.

1 minute ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

Interesting from Adam Schefter..

5. Detroit trades wide receiver Calvin Johnson to the Panthers for a second-round pick, plus a fourth.

Detroit's season is already effectively over in terms of competing for a playoff spot, and it's time for a reboot, which means getting draft assets wherever it can. The Lions can get back an extra pick (or more), while the Panthers could land the stud wide receiver they need to compete for an NFC South title -- a move that would be wildly popular in the Carolinas. Remember, Johnson is now over 30, very expensive, and Detroit won't be able to shop him forever.

its so interesting theres 2 other threads about it already

So, if true that Shaq & Kalil are out, our likely inactives would be:

Addison, Edwards, Kalil, Shaq, Marlowe, Wegher and Norwood.

Glad we don't have more injuries, but sure would love it if those latter three could get some game time at some point... maybe late in the season if we've clinched the division early?

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

its so interesting theres 2 other threads about it already

Oh I'm sorry..I hold a job and saw the thread that was at the top of the page instead of looking through the other threads..Sorry you had to see something three times..the horror..

Besides he just posted this to his twitter two minutes ago..

2 minutes ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

Oh I'm sorry..I hold a job and saw the thread that was at the top of the page instead of looking through the other threads..Sorry you had to see something three times..the horror..

Besides he just posted this to his twitter two minutes ago..

adam shefter gets his news from the huddle. has done so for awhile.

Archived