• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB Nation 49er Fan/Writer Completely Debunks & Destroys Kaepernick, Cam Comparison Myth With-Proof

FootballMaestro

4 hours ago, Servant of Cthululelei said:

It's sad that there isn't a bigger market for this kind of deep analysis in sports writing. I eat this poo up.  Anyone know of any Panther fan writers who do this kind of stuff?  The best two articles I've seen this year have been on an Eagles blog and now a Niners blog. 

This was an excellent read, and I really appreciate the link.

Please don't flame me for saying this, but some weeks there's some very good Panthers analysis on the Panthers SBNation blog Cat Scratch Reader.   I try to avoid the comments.  They usually don't add much to the articles, but there have been some good film analysis posts there in recent weeks.   I don't read there regularly enough to note the names of the writers posting the best pieces, but some are not bad.

I've not seen any at the same quality level as this analysis from the niners blog, at least not recently.  But there are some writers there who post some decent stuff..

Here's one example of a post following the Colts game:

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2015/11/4/9666356/film-analysis-cam-newton-development-as-a-pocket-passer

Ah, just discovered there's a dedicated link to all the film analysis pieces a blogger at C-S-R called Canadian Panther has posted.  Here you go.  These are the articles I'm remembering.  I didn't realize it was just a single author doing the film analysis pieces.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/carolina-panthers-film-room

Another blogger at C-S-R, Crawford Rundlett posted a fantastic entry in Sept, and some very good entries last season, but he hasn't posted recently, but I enjoyed what I read from him, and learned a lot.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/authors/crawford-rundlett

I wonder what it's like to be a fan of an opposing team these days? I mean I think most people really still think that we suck and Cam is a shitty QB. We have won 11 regular season games in a row. 7-0 this year. Yet you are hard pressed to find anyone outside the Carolinas that has any respect for us at all...even though this team routinely does epic poo.  What the fug people? I guess we just have to keep smashing people and winning every single game.

37 minutes ago, joemac said:

I wonder what it's like to be a fan of an opposing team these days? I mean I think most people really still think that we suck and Cam is a shitty QB. We have won 11 regular season games in a row. 7-0 this year. Yet you are hard pressed to find anyone outside the Carolinas that has any respect for us at all...even though this team routinely does epic poo.  What the fug people? I guess we just have to keep smashing people and winning every single game.

This is a direct result of the national media 

12 hours ago, Servant of Cthululelei said:

It's sad that there isn't a bigger market for this kind of deep analysis in sports writing. I eat this poo up.  Anyone know of any Panther fan writers who do this kind of stuff?  The best two articles I've seen this year have been on an Eagles blog and now a Niners blog. 

See PhillyB's weekly stickied posts if you want to see good analysis and play breakdown, while simultaneously explaining the downfall of the Roman Empire and how the pyramids were built. 

13 hours ago, Servant of Cthululelei said:

Problem is: Most national network in-studio guys (like at NFL Network and ESPN) have neither the time nor interest to study one team, mind you a particular player two days in a row-like this guy.

They got too many other things to talk about. Usually, picking out one or two things from their film review, then they go from there as if it's comprehensive; then Rinse and Repeat for the next.

However, that doesn't absolve the opposing teams radio, and Network TV crews. These guys have all week to study film and get to know the players and coaches. Unfortunately, many of them appear clueless all too often during the broadcast.

What were they truly doing for preparation, can be asked?

Archived