• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB Nation 49er Fan/Writer Completely Debunks & Destroys Kaepernick, Cam Comparison Myth With-Proof

FootballMaestro

Wow guys.

So what we been witnessing is real after all (smile)!!??

Just an excellent article that will make many Panther fans welp, and 49er fans shocked. One of the best, most in-depth, honest/no BS articles, break downs and analysis you'll ever see concerning Mr. Cam-eron Jerrell Newton.

Writer David Neuman, heard the Kaep vs Cam comparisons himself, so decided to go to the tape (wish more "national" TV analyst would do this) to view Cam's drop back passes, and he was astonished at what he saw.

He doesn't think the comparison is worthy and declares: "Colin Kaepernick and Cam Newton aren't even remotely the same player" in his headline. Then he proceeds to break down film, and point out such things as Cam's pocket presences/tight, pinpoint throws under duress; ability to manipulate safeties; the numerous and horrendous Panther receiver drops/drop rate (leading to INT's and missed TD's), and how Cam makes the OL look good etc.. He ultimately declares, 'he's so far better than Kaepernick, you can't just look at the base statistics'.

It's an excellent read that most fervent Panther fans can identify with (no doubt impressed with Mr. Neuman's analysis). And chock full of breakdowns in support. Casual fans (or those who don't always see plays develop all over field in live action) will learn a lot as well. I don't won't to short change the writer by cherry picking quotes. They're so many good ones (including: subjective quotes and conclusions; film break down and cogent stats), it's more than worth your time to click on the link and read for yourself.

Mr. Neuman displays an intimate knowledge of the Panther offense and season, just from his 2 day review of the tape. As I hinted earlier, he actually puts most national writers-who claim to comment on the Panthers-to shame. This is how you do it National Media (or please reference this article regarding your Cam/Panther Offense review and comments)! No need to be so lazy in the past, and certainly not in the future. Not after this (and articles like it). Step up your game please!?

OK. I'll drop in one quote. Here's how Mr. Neuman summarizes his article at the end:

While watching his tape over the past couple days, I couldn’t help but think how Newton is now the player Kaepernick was supposed to become. A true dual-threat quarterback capable of playing at a high level from the pocket and making something out of nothing with his preternatural athleticism when the play appeared to be exhausted. A quarterback capable of lifting the players around him above their talent levels and making his team competitive just by stepping on the field. This is what we thought we were getting from Kaepernick when he set the league on fire during the 2012 Playoffs.

Now, those days feel like lifetime ago. After watching him stagnate over the past two seasons, I don’t know if Kaepernick will ever get to the level of play we’re currently seeing from Newton, at least in San Francisco. But the one thing I do know is that anyone who thinks Kaepernick and Newton "are basically the same player" isn’t paying attention.

Let's see if they re-tweet this article 5000 times, and discuss it on The NFL Network as the comparison he completely destroys here did???

Promptly reference this article when that Cam/Kaep Stat Comparison nonsense comes up again (or use as a stand a lone for Newton's season up to this point, or specific plays).

Bravo Mr. Neuman!!!!! Excellent article and analysis Sir!

Enjoy: http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11/6/9678158/colin-kaepernick-and-cam-newton-arent-even-remotely-the-same-player

Is it weird that I feel as if all the shade being thrown on Cam  this week is originating somewhere around the Country from Luck fanboys?

This is the first week that Luck was starting to get the lions share of the blame for the Colts woes.....and basically everyone claiming Cam was better than Luck...                   Now........  a bunch of Kaep vs Cam comparisons have taken center stage....and everything else fades into the background. 

I don't know. 

The comments in the article are pretty awful.  Well let me rephrase that.  They are what has become normal for any article dealing with Cam. Even when it is right in your face, most people refuse to see it.  How anyone can dispute Cam's ability to be a great NFL QB is just beyond me.

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

The comments in the article are pretty awful.  Well let me rephrase that.  They are what has become normal for any article dealing with Cam. Even when it is right in your face, most people refuse to see it.  How anyone can dispute Cam's ability to be a great NFL QB is just beyond me.

Those people who try to discredit Cam are ignorant and psychotic.

They hate that he proved them wrong ever since his NFL debut. The hate for Cam is just plain sickening.

21 minutes ago, joemac said:

Haven't read the comments yet. But if what you say is true, how can these people be legitimate fans, as opposed to trouble makers? Otherwise, how could they read this in depth article and analysis, then say what they say?

Haven't read some of the reportedly negative comments yet. But that wouldn't surprise me.

What makes this article so interesting is: I've lurked that site periodically. And during Kaeps recent woes this season. And there's been a decent amount of posters who believed Cam was a QB with no pocket presence, who needed a strong defense and running game in order to be successful (when Cam was brought up) in defense of Kaepernick.

Many, honestly believed this. And really did feel their was no difference between Cam and Kaep. So the recently talked about statistics/comparison only justified the notion to those that want to blindly believe in them.

Obviously, this article completely debunks that notion (and by a fan no less). So I'm sure this undeniable revelation may have come as a shock to many of their more delusional and/or obtuse fans.

This Cam/Kaep comparison was just another genesis in the extensive lineage of ad hoc arguments against Cam people come up with to continue to justify their initial disapproval of him from years ago that they still cannot just let go of.

you can bank on the Phoenix of bullshit rising again even if we beat Green Bay about how he's really just a poor QB. Maybe it'll involve something about his first down celebrations I dunno...

Archived