• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach Rivera is dominating the challenge game

MVPccaffrey

Good job coach riverboat, who I believe leads the league with successful challenges this year, with 6, out of 10 thrown. Kudos to the guys upstairs as well with the good intel and getting it to Coach before the next play. 

Arguably without the two we won yesterday, the game would have been a loss.

Challenges have little to do with the head coach. They don't make the decision. Upstairs either says yes challenge, or no don't. Rivera doesn't have access to the replays so he goes by what they tell him. Was always unfair criticism of Ron's when people ripped him for challenges.

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Challenges have little to do with the head coach. They don't make the decision. Upstairs either says yes challenge, or no don't. Rivera doesn't have access to the replays so he goes by what they tell him. Was always unfair criticism of Ron's when people ripped him for challenges.

I was about to comment on this....and there you were.  100% accurate.

The HC only throws the flag...the guys upstairs are the ones that have to quickly look at these plays and determine whether a challenge is warranted.  The HC does not even have a view of said plays from the sidelines.

3 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

That's true but you won't hear the guy with the view getting either the credit or the blame. In the same vein, when we get a great free agent pickup thanks to Brandon Beane, it's still Gettlemagic.

31 minutes ago, Camvp said:

I would imagine the HC still has ultimate discretion whether to throw, no?

yes, but only if he can prevent people from digging into his pocket and grabbing the red flag.

1 hour ago, nickzz said:

it should be better. if i remember correctly the refs blew at least one of our challenges.

The 4th down conversion by the Colts towards the end of the game. That was not a fuging catch, one of the worst calls I've seen in my life.

Archived