• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"[Matt Ryan] doesn't have many weapons" -Nfl.com

thunderraiden

This speaks more to me about coaching quality. Our staff has done a masterful job getting the most out of some average-talent players, like Ginn, Cotch and Philly. Even guys like Dickson have contributed from time-to-time.

Atlanta has enough talent to be better. Not great, but better. They just haven't been able to get the most out of what's there.

We are very well coached on both sides of the ball.

Matt Ryan was never that good of a QB.  They won a lot of games because Michael Turner blew up defenses and set up play-action to Tony Gonzalez and Roddy White.  Atlanta also had a way better defense from 2008-2012.  Now, they have some good players but like the Panthers were a few years back, they are weak at the bottom of the roster and don't have any depth.  Their defense is weak up the middle and although Freeman is a decent running back, they don't commit to running the ball like they used to.  

When does Matty finally  get called the game manager avg. Qb he is??

How many OC will get fired before people realize it's not the scheme. . That's the problem it's  the person running it.. Now he doesn't  have enough weapons??? Really??

Matt Ryan is Jake Delhome .. Love Jake to death... But everything had to be good around Jake for him to have success.. The running Game, Oline, Wr corp, and Defense all had to be in good shape for Jake to be at his best... He didn't make players better than they were... they made him better... And Ryan is the same way...His best season (2012) came when he had a solid oline, a 1,000 yard back (Turner) , the Goat at TE (Gonzo) , a good wr corp (White, Jones and Douglas) and a okay defense... Matty doesn't make players better they make him better...

Roddy White is no longer a weapon in my opinion.   Hankerson was coming on and becoming a favorite for Ryan early on but he's injured.  I wouldn't consider Hardy a weapon either so it's not really an out of bounds opinion.

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

When does Matty finally  get called the game manager avg. Qb he is??

How many OC will get fired before people realize it's not the scheme. . That's the problem it's  the person running it.. Now he doesn't  have enough weapons??? Really??

most game managers dont have 3 consecutive seasons of 4500+ yards and 26+ touchdowns

10 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Roddy White is no longer a weapon in my opinion.   Hankerson was coming on and becoming a favorite for Ryan early on but he's injured.  I wouldn't consider Hardy a weapon either so it's not really an out of bounds opinion.

Give a QB like Cam, Brady or Rodgers... White, Hankerson and Hardy ...And they will be considered weapons... All have either put up better numbers or have more talent then most of the WR's on our roster...

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Have you met Andy Dalton and Tony Romo??

http://www.nfl.com/player/andydalton/2495143/profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/tonyromo/2505354/careerstats

Give a game manager superior weaponry and yes they can put up nice numbers...

Methinks you don't know what a game manager is.

Dalton and Romo are good QBs. Smart, hard workers, leaders, and can win (or lose) you a game.

Tyrod Taylor, Luke McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryan Hoyer, THOSE are game managers. Journeymen. Just give this team some hope and don't fug up.

4 hours ago, Rags said:

Methinks you don't know what a game manager is.

Dalton and Romo are good QBs. Smart, hard workers, leaders, and can win (or lose) you a game.

Tyrod Taylor, Luke McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryan Hoyer, THOSE are game managers. Journeymen. Just give this team some hope and don't fug up.

No I know exactly what a game manager is and both of those guys and Matt Ryan are at the higher end of that designation. . But still in that category to me... All of them don't make players better and all need multiple things surrounding them to be successful. ..

Archived