• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Time Has Come

Mr. Scot

The coaching staff failed to adjust for certain, but other than the first drive, Williams didn't show me much. Seemed like he was out a lot, and even when he was in he didn't look right. I was starting to wonder if he got hurt somewhere in the process (and we saw him limp off once).

We have good enough blocking receivers that I don't worry as much about 8 man fronts as I would otherwise. What bothers me more is the flashback I had to Green Day in 2004, when they blitzed nearly every down and we never adjusted the playcalling to compensate (misdirection, screens, draws, etc).

Another coaching staff will be smart enough to exploit that overaggressive approach. Ours should have been, but wasn't.

I'd like to think Joe is pretty badass, almost like a mini-wolverine in a fight, but I think Otah could level him in a flat out street fight myself....

:D

Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong in this case. I just don't have any confidence that I will be.
confidence isn't really high around here either.

until they show that they can win this year i will doubt their ability to.

teams that can win do.

good teams beat other good teams.

if we can't win this year then get someone else who can and that goes from the coach/GM on down.

i think that this team can win and come out with a winning season but i'm nowhere near confident about it.

I agree with you and Mr Scott both. I will also add, Jake had some bad underthrows yesterday which says that elbow will never be what it was again.

Damn, we are stuck with this guy for at least 3 years. No way we can cut a guy we guaranteed 20 million to.

I dont think its the surgery. I think he just stinks at accuracy. He always has and its getting worse. He also dose not cover the ball well and holds onto it way way too long. I thought that was what a QB coach was for. You cant improve distance but you can improve accuracy,timing, and ball handling.

Are you seriously on drugs?

You are smarter than that.

Playing 8-9 man fronts from those blitzs and we wonder where the RUNNING GAME went ?

Maybe... just f**king maybe we should have adjusted our calls to avoid the 150 guys the Eagles had blitzing every play ?:confused:

Agreed, Fox seems terrible at making adjustments... honestly I think this team is better of playing from behind with the running game than the passing game.

I'll stand by my prediction I made during the preseason. I think with the bye coming early enough that we can make some changes and still have a chance to forge a winning season, week three will be the last for several Panthers as starters.

When I made the prediction, I was only slightly contemplating Delhomme as one of those players, but now I'm quite positive. I think Delhomme gets the next two starts, but if he doesn't have his shiz together by then, we emerge from the bye week with a new starting QB, and I pray it's Moore.

Really, I pray that we return from the bye with Delhomme as the starter, because that will mean that he got his head straight, won two games, and made us all forget the fluke that was week 1.

But it ain't gonna happen.

I dont think its the surgery. I think he just stinks at accuracy. He always has and its getting worse. He also dose not cover the ball well and holds onto it way way too long. I thought that was what a QB coach was for. You cant improve distance but you can improve accuracy,timing, and ball handling.

Not sure. He underthrew two of the pics pretty bad. Maybe he can get the ball in the air sooner, but who knows?

Great write-up, but I think there are times when benching a QB serves as a wake-up call (like with McNabb). In this case, I don't think Jake needs a wake up call, he's wide awake and playing like crap. It's clear from his reactions that he has no idea what's going wrong, he's in quicksand right now - the harder he fights to get out the deeper he sinks.

Playing QB is all about confidence and right now Jake has none, I don't care what he says in a press conference... he has that "deer in headlights" look. I think the Panthers owe it to themselves to give Jake another start, but it should be handled on a quarter-by-quarter basis. If he throws and INT in the 1st quarter of the Atlanta game - give him the rest of the day off.

The Replacements FTW!!

Not sure. He underthrew two of the pics pretty bad. Maybe he can get the ball in the air sooner, but who knows?

Its age... period

Thats what it is. If you watch those throws, the arm is wearing down. Its not where it is used to be. That usually happens to most quarterbacks around 34 and half years old. Not many can be Favre... 40 and still slinging it strong

Its age... period

Thats what it is. If you watch those throws, the arm is wearing down. Its not where it is used to be. That usually happens to most quarterbacks around 34 and half years old. Not many can be Favre... 40 and still slinging it strong

Possible.

There are some guys that are ageless wonders, but they're rare. Most guys get to a certain point and they're really only suited for backup duty.

For the record, I'd be happy having Delhomme as a backup/mentor to a guy like Matt Moore.

Archived