• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Non American NFL teams

2plankingpanther

So the NFL is pushing for the possibility of having a team in London,I remember NFL Europe and by the last season 5 out of 6 teams ended up in Germany!Do people in London really want an NFL team or are they going to be like folks in Los Angelos(sp) and not care for a NFL team?If I had a choice I would pick either some place in Germany or say somewhere closer like Montreal!Thoughts?

A Euro team is never gonna work. Not because I don't think the city/country is gonna support them, but I can't see players willingly packing their bags and playing in another fugging continent if they don't have to. Idk how a London team would ever sign free agents and if they had the first pick I could see college kids staying another year to avoid getting drafted by them. I think Toronto would be a great idea, its not far away and they have great fan support in their other sports. Also, with the fan support Oregon football has I dont think its unreasonable to try a team in Portland before London either. San Antonio I could see rallying behind a team too

9 minutes ago, Vampire the buffet slayer said:

I think people in the north west area deserve a team before London or LA .

No team in the Dakotas, Iowa, Montana, if a team was put in this area it would have a huge fan base rather quickly.

Yeah but there aren't that many people,just cows,buffalo and maybe a few wolves!

3 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

A Euro team is never gonna work. Not because I don't think the city/country is gonna support them, but I can't see players willingly packing their bags and playing in another fugging continent if they don't have to. Idk how a London team would ever sign free agents and if they had the first pick I could see college kids staying another year to avoid getting drafted by them. I think Toronto would be a great idea, its not far away and they have great fan support in their other sports. Also, with the fan support Oregon football has I dont think its unreasonable to try a team in Portland before London either. San Antonio I could see rallying behind a team too

Either Montreal or Toronto,of course Toronto probably has some Bills fans!

27 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

If the NFL wanted to expand into another country, it should be a no brainer to look up north instead of halfway across the fuging planet.

I'm against the NFL even playing games in London, but everyone in Canada already watches the NFL anyway. With London, there is a much bigger untapped market, and no language barrier like there would be in mainland Europe.

As a European (Denmark), I too am skeptical about a permanent NFL team in Europe. At the moment, the NFL games in London draw NFL Fans from all over Europe wanting to just go to a real game without having to go all the way to the states, but that is not a 100% return-rate even if it will be a "permanent" team. Europe is not like the states where Vikings fans in Iowa, or Panthers fans in South Carolina will drive across a state to get to a game, you can barely get Belgians to go into the Netherlands for a Soccer game. Canada should be an obvious first choice, its not like its derailed the NBA or MLB to get a canadian team

I don't think it's a good idea. What are you going to do with the divisions? It's such a long distance I just don't think it can work. It's the National Football League not the International Football League, maybe expand to Canada, maybe Mexico. It should stay on this continent though. Otherwise you just have too many logistic issues.

When (not if) we get an international team, it should start in Canada.  Makes WAY more sense.  We could/should probably see a couple Canadian teams (like the NBA did) before there are any across the pond.  Maybe Mexico City too, but dunno if it could survive, or if the NFL would wanna put up with, the corruption and stuff down there.

Archived