• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've had a great series with giants in our history, dare I say a rivarly?

Donald LaFell

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=nyg&tm2=car&yr=all

1996 - We won 27-17 but I was in 2nd grade then and I have no memory until the playoffs, maybe some of your old timers can chime in 

2003 - I do remember this game because it was pretty much the only game that season that we blew anybody out . 37 - 24. Everything went right. 

2005 - Total whoopin', 23 - 0 in our favor. 

2006 - I think Weinke was starting this game, I believe Cam broke his yardage record in 2011(at least I hope he did). As you can imagine the Giants had their way with us. 

2008 - Heartbreaking loss, I think Kemo was out this game, and then we lost Lewis as well? They ran all over us in overtime, that was torture to watch. We were exhausted. The colts game this year gave me flashbacks. 

2009 - Almost inexplicably the Giants looked like crap for their last home game EVER at their old stadium. It was an ass beating. 

2010 - Begining of the end, the origin of the Jeff Davidson facepalm .gif. We somehow led at halftime but this was a total ass beating disaster. 

2012 - National embarrassment, I honestly felt like the media was ready to believe in us and then the entire team laid an egg. Newton's press conference was a disaster(from a PR standpiont). I don't blame Newton for speaking his mind though.

2013 - Giants looked worse than they did in 2009. We had 7 sacks by halftime right? Total assbeating.

Point is, somebody is going to get embarrassed tomorrow. We've had a pretty good series with Giants. Exchanging shameful ass beatings. Even though we won the last time I think it should be our turn to cleanse ourselves of 2010. 

Doesn't quite feel like a rivalry to me. We've only played them 3 out of the past 5 years, with no playoff matchups in that span. Seattle feels like more of a rival, since we've consistently played them year after year, plus in the playoffs.

NFC South foes I consider more of a feud than a rivalry.

1 hour ago, Razeyfingers said:

All I know is, the last time we were in that house we embarrassed them. Thats what they should remember mostly.

Last time Carolina was in NY was 2010, and the Giants won. The games in 2012 and 2013 were in Carolina and the 2009 whooping was the final game in the old stadium.

5 hours ago, pantherjack77 said:

2010 game was not a 'total disaster'....I thought we played fairly well ...led at half ext...

the 2012 game was a total disaster...a real low point of the Rivera era...and Newton...

From the standpoint of the game itself i guess it wasn't a total disaster but from then on everyone knew Moore wasn't the answer and we were going to have to burn it down to get better. 

Archived