• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just rewatched week 6 contest

Pantherxtreme

Man the one thing that jumped out was that Delaire was getting constant pressure on Russel Wilson from the edge causing him to get happy feet and step up into the pocket where KK and company were causing havoc. I wonder if he even gets a jersey this Sunday, I sure hope he does..

It will be the travesty of the season if Rivera's insistent call to give our aged defensive ends the majority of the snaps over guys like Early and Delaire cost us against a mobile Qb like Russell.

I'd be willing to bet folding money that Rivera has kept Ealy and Delaire out for the specific purpose of playoff pressure. Keep them healthy and fresh, because if either goes down in regular season, we're in trouble. Addison, Ealy, and Delaire are our speed rushers and having them fresh at this point is huge.

Give Delaire a jersey, if you have to pick a position to take one away, make it receiver or RB. If it's RB, sorry Fozzy, but CAP is running better. If it's WR, I'm assuming Bersin (if he's active). Then again, Bersin does have that tendency to pick up big 3rd downs.

Whatever. Dress whoever helps us win.

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

I'd be willing to bet folding money that Rivera has kept Ealy and Delaire out for the specific purpose of playoff pressure. 

lol

12 minutes ago, Shermdog said:

Has anyone coined the nickname "The Fresh Prince of Delaire?" If not then I want the credit.

yeah, that was coined like immediately after signing him

I do not understand why Delaire has not been active more on game days.  He is a pure speed rusher who has shown his ability to beat lineman off the LOS quickly.  Maybe he plays the run poorly...I don't know.  At least keep him active and bring him in on passing downs.  Johnson and Allen just do not get any pressure and strike no fear into the hearts of our opponents. 

I would rather have Delaire active and deactivate a backup DT...after all, Ealy can play the DT spot if needed. 

41 minutes ago, Shermdog said:

Has anyone coined the nickname "The Fresh Prince of Delaire?" 

Yeah like on day one.

13 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I do not understand why Delaire has not been active more on game days. 

Yeah he started out great. With the lack of production at DE you'd think we'd have seen him more often. 

11 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I have a feeling Sean McDermott and Rivera are going to have something up their sleeve defensively. Maybe some looks we haven't seen all year.

That would be nice. We sure as hell need more in the QB pressure dept., to help out that battered secondary.

3 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Man the one thing that jumped out was that Delaire was getting constant pressure on Russel Wilson from the edge causing him to get happy feet and step up into the pocket where KK and company were causing havoc. I wonder if he even gets a jersey this Sunday, I sure hope he does..

It will be the travesty of the season if Rivera's insistent call to give our aged defensive ends the majority of the snaps over guys like Early and Delaire cost us against a mobile Qb like Russell.

You have to be real careful with pure speed rushers against a QB like Wilson.  He LOVES to get outside of the pocket and that is where he does most of his damage.  Even with rushing him, you MUST be under control and not give up the edge.

10 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

You have to be real careful with pure speed rushers against a QB like Wilson.  He LOVES to get outside of the pocket and that is where he does most of his damage.  Even with rushing him, you MUST be under control and not give up the edge.

like Jarred Allen does?

27 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I have a feeling Sean McDermott and Rivera are going to have something up their sleeve defensively. Maybe some looks we haven't seen all year. This team has been a lock for the playoffs for a while, now it's time to unleash everything they've got.

This... I feel like they started simplifying schemes after we locked...

Will be interesting to see for sure. Gotta keep that turnover game up.

14 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

True statement.  We won't have to worry about that with Johnson and Allen, as they will still be standing in the exact spot they lined up in after the play is over.

I hope they prove me wrong Sunday (and throughout the playoffs). 

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

True statement.  We won't have to worry about that with Johnson and Allen, as they will still be standing in the exact spot they lined up in after the play is over.

I hope they prove me wrong Sunday (and throughout the playoffs). 

Actually, sans the numbers, PFF graded Allen well over the last 4 weeks of the season, and I think he's done a decent job of applying pressure down the stretch, just hasn't gotten to the QB.  CJ on the other hand will live on his knees right where he lines up...might as well just play 10 on 11 if Big Money is allowed to start again.

2 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Actually, sans the numbers, PFF graded Allen well over the last 4 weeks of the season, and I think he's done a decent job of applying pressure down the stretch, just hasn't gotten to the QB.  CJ on the other hand will live on his knees right where he lines up...might as well just play 10 on 11 if Big Money is allowed to start again.

Allen has been decent against the run as well.  We just need to get to the QB. It will be a long day if Wilson has plenty of time and a clean pocket.  Same thing with the remaining QB's in the playoffs...Rogers, Palmer, Brady, Big Ben, etc.  Not saying we still can't win those games without getting pressure, it just puts more pressure on Cam and the offense.

Archived