• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If no new schemes/formations or adjustments for the Falcons

pstall

The season is over. Game, set and match done.

I mentioned this elsewhere but the arrogance for the coaching staff is scary.

And in the second game on MNF the booth confirmed what I said.

They said NO team in the NFL is good enough to say we are going to stick to our gameplan, run this play and you are NOT going to be able to stop it.

They said even the great teams right now can't do that.

Every game over the weekend showed the importance of in game management as well as using motion and misdirection.

There is so much speed and talent on the Defensive side of the ball you HAVE to use smoke and mirrors and being slick to win.

To think we are just gonna do old Green Bay Packer power toss sweep on every play is dumb.

If in the first quarter they don't move Jake around or fake reverses or keep the Falcons off balance and try and guess whats going to happen it's over.

Sorry.

They won't do anything new. It's only game two of sixteen. Now, while others of us see glaring weaknesses with this team (I'm sure they do too), they will not abandon what they've been practicing all summer. If it doesn't work after the Cowboys game, maybe. You will see the same exact Panthers team in the ATL. Bank on it. On a side note, Frank and Buck both agreed that if Moore comes into the game AS a starter, it'll look even more vanilla.

If we don't change our gameplan on defense and offense to account for a team which is nothing like the Eagles, then we have a serious coaching problem.

But the truth is we most surely will.

The biggest question is whether or not it will work any better.

What if we just use the same gameplan since it was for a team that was nothing like the Eagles.

They said NO team in the NFL is good enough to say we are going to stick to our gameplan, run this play and you are NOT going to be able to stop it.

Every game over the weekend showed the importance of in game management as well as using motion and misdirection.

There is so much speed and talent on the Defensive side of the ball you HAVE to use smoke and mirrors and being slick to win.

To think we are just gonna do old Green Bay Packer power toss sweep on every play is dumb.

If in the first quarter they don't move Jake around or fake reverses or keep the Falcons off balance and try and guess whats going to happen it's over.

Sorry.

Yeah, I don't think anyone's been able to do that since the Redskins/Hogs/Counter Tray days.

Sorry.

well based on what we know about Fox. I say the season is done if that is what it comes down to. I mean Fox literally repeated the AZ game last week.....not sure there is anything to support the belief Fox will do anything different......just his same explanation that what he always does needs to executed better.

Archived