• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistically, how long before we can actually get back to the Superbowl?

Need some opinions fellow Panther fans. How many seasons before we could realistically get back to the Superbowl. Ill list below everything that I think contributes to us not going anytime soon.

* No future right now at the quarterback position.

* By the time we do have a replacement QB, Steve Smith will be past his prime.

* No young receivers that can take over for Steve once he is past his prime.

* No QB and no receivers effects Deangelo Williams. He'll be getting up there in years soon as he is a running back. We're looking at only 2 or 3 more years of solid production (most likely)

* Jonathan Stewart is not the heir to that throne as he is too injury prone.

* J Pep will not finish his career with us. Maybe Everett Brown will be effective and take his spot eventually (once Pep is gone)

* How many years do we give Ron Meeks to turn around this defense? I mean, the year he won the Superbowl with the Colts, they gave up like 10,000 points per game and had to outscore the opponents.

* John Fox is predictible and out of date in his coaching and I just have this horrible feeling he's here to stay.

So, given all the issues I see, we may be looking at another 10 years before we could have a team in place that can get to the superbowl. Thats if we have a 4th or 5th year QB. What do you guys think? I just want to see us in the Superbowl again!

Take it easy Negative Nancy, this is a long season. It isn't time to start thinking about 3,4,5 years from now. When do you ever just enjoy watching football? If you are thinking about blowing up the whole team, or how everybody sucks or will suck in 2-3 years, when do you just enjoy the moment. We are 1 game in to the season.

Hidden

no i haven't heard anything, but its a thought. I think he is an excellent offensive mind, who does a good job with our offense. but he is overridden(sp.) time in and time out by the head coach. fox is often very conservative, and at times, runs when we should pass, and pass when we should run. Remember, this is fox's team, and of course, he was a D-Coordinator.

in other words, instead of looking outside the organization, if the Fox era comes to an end, what about Davidson I think he could most certainly handle it. he knows the team and the players. and if given control, I think he could get the job done.

Archived