• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best 1,2 pick in Panthers history?

JawnyBlaze

Just some fluff chatter while we're all still on our adrenalin highs from the realization this is our year and we're going to the SB. Was reading some articles talking about Short's dominance and it for me thinking. Have ever had a better first and second round combo than Star and Short?  You could say that Cam and no pick in the second was more critical to our success, but I can't think of a pair of first/second round actual picks that were better for us. A few years ago I would have said Beason and Kalil would be in contention. But not any more. Considering our often miserable choices in the second I can't think of any other pairs to contend with our current middle of the DL. 

2010:

Round 1) Pick to San Francisco

Round 2) Jimmy Clausen

2009:

Round 1) Pick to Philadelphia

Round 2) Everett Brown

Which of these were the shittier early drafts? Jimmy is Jimmy. But Everett Brown was that tiny little speedy DE from Florida State that had a Freeney-esque spin move that just never did anything.

26 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

1,2 heck 1,Dan Morgan 2,Kris Jenkins 3, Steve Smith

Yea adding third to the equation it's that year for sure. I'd still put Short and Star over Morgan and Jenkins, at least for the time being. I thought about them, but with knowledge of how it all turned out I gotta give it to the newer guys. If Short/Star end up with short stays on the Panthers it will obviously change. 

Archived