• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rigged?

Lilsmitty09

1 minute ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

I'm more upset about losing the Super Bowl though...

Well then I am too. I don't give a poo who acts a certain way towards the press after a loss like this. I want guys to be mad, and have this feeling etched into their memory banks for future reference.

23 minutes ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

Don't get me wrong. We played like poo tonight (but so did Denver). Shula, Remmers, Drops, Blocking, etc. were trash.

But you can't tell me that in what will be Peytons last game, the Broncos end up with 0 penalties in second half, an obvious catch that turns into a 7 point td for Denver, a picked up flag on a crucial 3rd down and no replay of it, an "illegal blindside" from Tre (wtf is that even a rule?), and literally every time we would fair catch a punt in good filed position, we would get a random block in back or something - every single time and a holding on a crucial 3rd and goal when the ball was beyond uncatchable and it wasn't even a hold.

The head ref is now 6-0 in bronco games (he picked up flags and called cotches "no catch") and lived in Nebraska - where everyone is a bronco fan (have family there).

Just felt so fuggin scripted too with the postgame speech from goodell and down 6 at the end of the third CBS only showed Manning with the lombardi then ended with him walking out the door like it was his last thing he ever did in the NFL.

Just a fuggin joke of a performance today by the Panthers, NFL, Refs and Cam's press conference. I love Cam but he has to grow up. If you are going to dish poo and be an MVP - act like it after a loss. If you are defending him with that press conference - take off the homer glasses.

So is it rigged or just coincidence that everything fuggin perfect happened to Peyton and the broncos tonight

I'm not going there. It wouldn't matter if it was "rigged" in their favor if we had played the way we are capable of. We came out and played like complete sh*t, just like the game in Atlanta. Picked a bad day to have a bad game. Wasn't happy with the refs to be honest but it really didn't matter.

Yes, it's rigged, but not by the players or coaches.  I've been saying this for years and EVERY superbowl there is some storyline to reach.  Today it was Manning's last game and going out on top.  I knew for two weeks we would have to be perfect to win because of that (like we were at Arizona).   If Peyton was 5 years younger and not close to retiring, vs our small market team, no one would care at all about this Superbowl, or at least way less.  We played bad, for sure, but so did their offense, but when they have the refs on their side then what can you do?   The Cotchery catch BS pretty much made it so they got 7 points early.  In a defensive game, when you give that and then give momentum it's going to be impossible.  Just look at the players' faces after that crap, they KNEW.  Cam knew in the first quarter.

Then making us use our second challenge (which was stupid on Rivera' part) because of ref's being "blind" not seeing Peyton touched?   Non PI on Ginn?   Offsides a ton of plays and not called?  We didn't even get replays.   They know 90% of the people watching won't go on the net and look at replays to figure it out themselves.

It only takes ONE head ref to help turn the game.  When you have a great defense like Denver, with the head ref on your side, the other team has to play PERFECT to beat you.  We didn't, and we lost.   It's par for the course on games all over the NFL.  They'll keep doing it as long as everyone denies it and it creates more ratings and ad revenue.  Legally, they can do it as well.   When this game is reviewed and all the bad calls are shown, do you think any ref will get any reprimand?  Nope, why not?  Well....

I knew when Talib wasn't ejected we were in trouble. That play was so bad even the Broncos fans I was watching the game with said he should have been tossed. I knew then the refs were going to do us absolutely no favors. 

That in no way takes away from the dominant ass wooping laid on Shula and the offense. Our oline was outmatched and Shula didn't adapt at all and that had zero to do with the refs.

1 minute ago, panthers34 said:

If it's rigged then it's just refs giving favorable calls which wouldn't surprise me but there is no way the players are in on it 

Players are giving it their all, no doubt.  It only takes one head ref, like today, overturning a call and picking up a flag.   I think the coaches and players bust tail, and I think they knew from the beginning what kind of day it would be.  

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I knew when Talib wasn't ejected we were in trouble. That play was so bad even the Broncos fans I was watching the game with said he should have been tossed. I knew then the refs were going to do us absolutely no favors. 

That in no way takes away from the dominant ass wooping laid on Shula and the offense. Our oline was outmatched and Shula didn't adapt at all and that had zero to do with the refs.

For sure our oline got abused and Shula was exposed for being Shula.  BUT their defense is great.  I'm not taking away.  We just had to be PERFECT to beat them AND refs.  We needed an Arizona type game.  It didn't happen.   We lost.   That's just how the NFL is now, at least the last 13 or so years.   

Archived