• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well Isn't That Convenient...

Lilsmitty09

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

Some Panthers fans embarrass the rest of us with poo like this thread.

Right.  75% of the country believes in a skygod they have never seen, elections are bought by billionaires, CIA overthrows governments and assassinates people daily (and for 75 years), and you find it hard to believe the NFL pushed momentum in games to make extra millions from advertising?

3 minutes ago, dldove77 said:

Literally nothing in that leads me to believe it isn't a catch. 

There's the part where the nose of the ball hits the ground. Then the gloved hand underneath it completely detaches. Then the part where the ball clearly wobbles as it slides up his stomach.

I get it, you have a lot of emotion tied up in this. Not a catch tho.

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

Right.  75% of the country believes in a skygod they have never seen, elections are bought by billionaires, CIA overthrows governments and assassinates people daily (and for 75 years), and you find it hard to believe the NFL pushed momentum in games to make extra millions from advertising?

You have a secret bunker dont you ?

It's troublesome, but this unfortunately happens with a lot of different teams. Hard to avoid, but you would think there should be policies in place to prevent possible favoritism as much as possible.

I remember that Saints fan ref who was removed before the game some years back.

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Regardless of ulterior motives.. Our boys didn't come to play. Tackles were a liability.  Play calling without half time adjustments did us in. The refs calling or not calling things only sunk us more in the hole. 

This is true.  We played bad on offense, but so did they.   We had more of an uphill battle than they did, we could have fun with a great/perfect game.  That's how the NFL seems to do it, it doesn't always work out though, coaches/players are playing as hard as they can I think.  

NFL is shady, Just like any other billion dollar businesses. They are not the best company to hold up as an ethical standard. There are dirty secrets all over the place. I will never put it past them to do anything they want.  

did we lose because of it---NO.

But here it is SB+2 days and that ball is still complete if you compare it with other catches this year. Most notably the one in the Indianapolis game.

13 minutes ago, CCS said:

The referees were just one slice of a pie. They didn't help the cause any but neither did Mike Remmers, the special teams, Mike Shula, or Cam Newton. It also needs to be noted that the refs weren't calling holding on the Panthers when reporters were saying that Remmers was holding on nearly every play.

Neither did they call offsides on Denver which happened a TON.

2 hours ago, tondi said:

Replays on changes of possession eat into their precious ad time.

What pissed me off was that they weren't even showing replays of plays without a penalty or at commercial time. Instead we'd get shots of the playing field with a huddle going on. They used to do it all the time at BoA until enough complained & they upgraded the boards. CBS supposedly had enough high tech equipment there they could've shown the replays without any problems or cutting into ad time.

Archived