• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pre Free-Agency NFL News

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, NcPsa10 said:

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Broncos list of replacements for QB Brock Osweiler, who just agreed to a deal with the Texans, includes Robert Griffin III and Colin Kaepernick.

• Jason Cole reports that a 49ers source has told him that they have no interest in trading Kaepernick, despite the reported interest from the Broncos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‏@AdamSchefter
Texans are giving Brock Osweiler a 4-year, $72 million deal, per source.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omg

Just now, mjligon said:

Wow. Earning less than Chris Ivory. Good get for Texans.

Honestly, the Texans might have won free agency and not in the usual sense where winning free agency is actually losing in the long run. They just made two really good moves. Miller is a great signing at $6.5M and they were going nowhere without a QB and Brock is at worst a decent QB. Considering they had Hoyer and the QB draft class sucks, getting Brock was the best thing they could have done.

AFC south could be sneaky good next year with the moves the jags and Texans are making.  Not to mention the Titans with Mariotta and Murray who will be immensely better away from chips gimmick offense  

The colts should be extremely concerned. 

1 minute ago, Dunn said:

18 million for a back up QB? holy cow.

Guy has seven starts under his belt and got benched in number seven.

Starting to hear indications that Osweiler leaving may have been because he was pissed about the benching.

‏@MikeKlis
Broncos offered Osweiler $16M per yr with $30M guarantee. Houston $17M- $18M per yr. Manning shadow/fresh start were factors 

--------------------------------------------------------------

‏@JosinaAnderson
Just spoke to #Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders for reaction on B. Osweiler leaving: “Wow I didn’t know that. That’s cool. I am happy for him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‏@RapSheet
#Texans expect to sign OL Jeff Allen, more offensive help with a lot of holes to fill.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@RapSheet
#Texans expect to sign OL Jeff Allen, more offensive help with a lot of holes to fill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Rams are “intent” on trying to re-sign free agent DE William Hayes.

According to La Canfora, Hayes has a nice market right now and is one of few notable pass rushers available.

Archived