• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remmers gets 2nd round tender

jdpanther5

15 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Remmers is a good RT. Glad to see him retained, as it gives the oline lots of options with a quality player.

Like most RT's,  they struggle with elite pass rushers. 

No he is not. Yes he should be kept because he does make for a good backup, but you and everybody else that thinks he's "good" is lying to themselves. He was absolutely our worst O-LINE player.

And for everybody else excusing the Super Bowl, are you freaking kidding me? The most important game a team will ever play and that is what we get? He couldn't do any better than that? He couldn't step up a little? Is that what we can expect every time we go to the super bowl from him? If he was good he would have done a lot better than getting our team absolutely humiliated on Super Bowl 50. A good RT would have done an okay or acceptable job. He was atrocious and why would you or anybody want to risk a repeat of the super bowl? We went 17-2 not because of him but in spite of him. Got to improve somewhere, Tackle is a good place to start. 

I hate his guts (and Jerrico Suckery also for that matter) and hope he never sees the field again.

yeah von miller played the game of his life in the super bowl and i don't think even a "good" RT would have had a decent game.  miller would have gotten his against anthony munoz in his prime.

remmers is what you want in a backup.  spot starter who can play multiple positions reasonably well against most competition.  daryl williams is going to give him everything he can handle in camp so it's not like he's just being handed the job. 

also just letting the guy walk poses another problem because that takes a situation where a mediocre backup-quality guy was being pushed by a more promising up-and-comer and turns it into a situation where there's a complete vacuum at that position.  that's stupid.

19 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Very good move. He had a bad game in the Super Bowl but overall is a solid back up option and can come in and start if need be.

I agree with this.

But I also wouldn't be unhappy if someone offered him more and we got a 2nd round draft pick out of it.

1 hour ago, BigBoss said:

No he is not. Yes he should be kept because he does make for a good backup, but you and everybody else that thinks he's "good" is lying to themselves. He was absolutely our worst O-LINE player.

And for everybody else excusing the Super Bowl, are you freaking kidding me? The most important game a team will ever play and that is what we get? He couldn't do any better than that? He couldn't step up a little? Is that what we can expect every time we go to the super bowl from him? If he was good he would have done a lot better than getting our team absolutely humiliated on Super Bowl 50. A good RT would have done an okay or acceptable job. He was atrocious and why would you or anybody want to risk a repeat of the super bowl? We went 17-2 not because of him but in spite of him. Got to improve somewhere, Tackle is a good place to start. 

I hate his guts (and Jerrico Suckery also for that matter) and hope he never sees the field again.

You strike me as someone who tends to hold grudges... Am I wrong in this assessment? 

2 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

You strike me as someone who tends to hold grudges... Am I wrong in this assessment? 

Typically no, but I will never forgive Jerrico and Mike for their performance in that game. No it was not all their fault, pretty much everybody who played on our offense was guilty of something.

But my gosh, they couldn't do any better than that? In the most important game in Panther history?

2 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

No one was going to stop von miller in the superbowl.

Remmers is a good starter and even better guy for depth.  Good move.  Hopefully D Will can come in and be what everyone hopes.

Somebody better than Mike Remmers may have.

Archived