• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NFL Free Agency Thread

Mr. Scot

41 minutes ago, carolina-chuck2 said:

Why are we talking about moving Stew? Somebody tell me why.

Just hypotheticals.  We all love Stew, but his history, good and bad, is what it is, and his cap hit is Hurney induced stupidity.  Good teams pay for what they will get and is to come, not for what's already been done.

Someone feel free to correct me, but my understanding is that a trade accelerates the cap hit. It's no different than releasing him, from a salary cap perspective. All of the remaining pro-rated portion of the signing bonus hits your cap that season. There is ZERO chance of us tradiging Stewart.

On March 21, 2016 at 9:43 AM, ctrcat said:

Suits me.  Not a huge fan.  

Even better, he's looking like a Saint.  Lazy turd goes to division opponent that has to rob Peter to pay Paul to fit him in.  Too good to be true.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Nick Fairley to Saints.

Courtney Upshaw to the Falcons.

These teams really upgraded their D today. Planning to play Cam twice a year.

29 tackles w/ 0.5 sack vs. 19 tackles w/ 3 sacks

51 tackles w/ 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles vs. 55 tackles w/ 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 1 INT

The first comparison is Fairley vs. Kyle Love. The second is Courtney Upshaw vs. A.J. Klein

They are signing these guys to start, while our back-ups have similar production. Now consider Fairley's history of giving half-ass effort, even with Suh and then Aaron Donald drawing most of the attention. Upshaw's main job was a run-stuffing 3-4 OLB. Looks like a good fit in Atlanta's scheme using 3-4 LBs with 4-3 D-linemen. As good a plan as the Saints 5 Safety defense from a couple years ago.

They are signing names, not production, especially Atlanta. They need pass rushers the most, and the guys they've signed aren't.

Upshaw is baically another  1st round draft bust by the almighty Ozzie Newsome. And as much as id have liked Fairley here as a  backup to KK and Star, that's all he'll ever likely be. Nothing to get in a tizzy about. Now Mack was an upgrade at C for ATL, but even he had a down year last year. Mathis looks like an upgrade over Bierman but who isn't. Sanu for Roddy White is a wash, he had some highlight plays that hit ESPN but he drops too many passes in reality. The Saints are just screwed, they signed like pffs worst graded MLB against the run. I wont even touch Fleener.

Soliai is a bigger upgrade for us, at least on paper.

11 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Don't know if this was already posted, but in case you didn't know,

Saints sign LB Craig Robertson, matched offer to TE Josh Hill

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000647703/article/saints-sign-craig-robertson-match-offer-to-josh-hill

Saints will have to give Brees new contract now...  They are over cap room and very little wiggle room.

Archived