• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fear the Walking Dead, Season 2

Darth Biscuit

I wasn't all that impressed with season one. It really ticked me off that it was supposed to be about the fall of civilization, then time jumped 9 days and skipped that whole part.

That said, it does seem to be more of a character-driven show than TWD, so there is definitely a whole lot of potential

A little bit of a slow start and they're making Strand into the "bad guy" but he's really just being smart...

I like that Nic is fearless...  

Looks like next week we'll see the remnants of the plane crash.  I heard that one of the characters will become a full-time Fear cast member.

14 hours ago, Chimera said:

I wasn't all that impressed with season one. It really ticked me off that it was supposed to be about the fall of civilization, then time jumped 9 days and skipped that whole part.

That said, it does seem to be more of a character-driven show than TWD, so there is definitely a whole lot of potential

yeah, I feel we got pretty quickly to zombies everywhere....will soon feel just like a different group of survivors from Rick's group.

not sure how I feel about this show yet.  One season into TWD and I knew I liked it.   Can't decide on this one.

I know people say this show will be more character driven but frankly, I don't give a poo about any of the characters.

that was my problem with the first episode - I didn't really like the characters and I felt they were going for a "younger hipper" demographic which is fine, but usually not my cup of tea. Also, since we already know whats happening in a basic sense, the tension was not there like it was when Rick woke up and just had to deal with everything thrown at him blindly.  

I need to give this show another shot though.

1 hour ago, cookinwithgas said:

that was my problem with the first episode - I didn't really like the characters and I felt they were going for a "younger hipper" demographic which is fine, but usually not my cup of tea. Also, since we already know whats happening in a basic sense, the tension was not there like it was when Rick woke up and just had to deal with everything thrown at him blindly.  

I need to give this show another shot though.

I'm hoping they end up making it a lot different.  If it turns into just another group of survivors I don't think it will work....like you said, we know certain things now and it takes away from the suspense.  Don't really want to watch them go through their own version of what Rick's group did.

Hopefully this group gets more information than TWD group got and takes their plot down a different road than just surviving.

these characters are just "meh".....and the show won't last if they simply form a survivor group similar to Rick's group as migrate around IMO.  Like you said, we already are ahead of them anyway and have info they don't.  So they are working at a disadvantage in terms getting us excited.

By being character driven, I mean it is unlike TWD where the plot lines follow a certain path to get to a certain point. We knew in TWD that they will eventually get to Alexandria and basically we watched to see how it happened.

Thus far, it seems like Nick is the only character to have shown much development. Chris is doing the thing like on TWD where a character is on the verge of bringing down the group, then snapping out of it and being a strong "alpha" (think Sasha, Eugene to an extent, Gabriel, Andrea, maybe Beth?). If he mopes for a few weeks, then is suddenly "fit" for this world, I may just turn the show off for good. Been there, done that.

The water attack seemed a little too forced, especially the way Madison pointed at the shipwreck. It seems the group is full of Glenns while two are already at Season 2 Shane stage. The show is supposed to be about how the characters get to that point, and I feel it is failing miserably. However, it has "The Walking Dead" in the title, so people will watch. Ratings = profits = nothing changes.

I am enjoying this more than TWD at the moment.  Not is it not as good at this point as TWD at its best but many characters that I liked from the original are dead and the characters that they have introduced over the past few seasons have done nothing for me at all, then that ending made me want to vomit.

I also love the fact that they are on a boat and hope that lasts.  The two places I always said I would attempt to go in this world were the ocean or the Rockies so I am intersted in seeing how that plays out.

Personally, I don't mind the slow pace of the show.  I like exploring the character relationships a bit.  Sure, it's not as zombie fast paced as TWD.  I like that Travis and crew aren't as hard as Rich, Shane and their crew.  Rick and Shane were proficient cops.  Travis was a contractor, then there's a drug addict, a shady dude, and a "fixer."  

Just a different crew of people, different stories.  If the Walking Dead is about Rick and Co (we are all the walking dead), Fear should be more about how they deal with the survivors.  And there is a different culture on the West Coast than rural GA.

I enjoyed the episode, though you had to know that Alicia's blabbering on the radio was going to haunt them.  There's a lot of cool stuff to come, great story telling opportunities, and I hope they take them.

Well it didn't really pick up much with episode two... I think that they made a mistake getting the survivors out of LA so fast.  It would have been a lot more interesting to me for them to have explored the "start up" of the outbreak more.

I'm hoping it's not one of those deals where they didn't think past the first season with the writing...  they don't have source material like TWD does to rely on so it could get bad real quick...  I'm hopeful...

Archived