• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2016 NFL Draft Round 2 General Discussion

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Is there anyone that thinks McClain can start in Normans spot and we are fine?  He was damn solid after the late sign.

Norman is now the highest paid CB in the NFL because of an All Pro performance....there is going to be drop off this year and plays made on us we didn't have last year.  Just will be. 

I wanted some opinions on the following thoughts I had about the Safety position going forward. Gonna re-post it here so more folks can see it. Just my thoughts and I already know they differ from our coaches/GMs philosophy, so you won't bother me by disagreeing with it. I want a different point of view. Thanks

I just don't get the interest in Cravens, or any of the "in the box" safeties. I was hoping that after Harper was done we could move toward Safeties that were stronger in pass coverage. One has to believe that they want to get Shaq on the field more often next year. Increasing the coverage ability at SS would help accomplish that. And with the LBs we have, how much run support is really needed from either S position. Still trying  to remember any time last year when Harper was a factor close to the LOS. Would have loved Karl Joseph, but the next best thing might be his college teammate, KJ Dillon. Physical, but can still be effective in coverage. I realize that my thoughts are probably opposite of Gman and Rivera, and aren't likely to happen. Just believe pass coverage should be a higher priority when searching for Safeties moving forward. Especially on a team with LBs that look like the raptors from Jurassic Park out there. 

Archived