• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Vernon Butler Makes Sense + Highlights

Saca312

No question he was BPA, which means it is not always a perfect fit for a need.  he does however make the dline much more durable with no rotation soft spot any more.  He also can come in on obvious passing downs with short for significantly stronger push.

This is what BPA does, I have no problem with it.  I much prefer winning post season games than Mel's offseason award.

His press conference impressed me.  Good answers all around.  But he just LOOKED the part.  It's like he's made up of a bunch of squares.  That tells me he's a very powerful person naturally.  Just imagine once our training staff gets its hands on him . . . 

12 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

This goes hand and hand with the secondary. Don't feel pressure, apply it. 

With the secondary full of ball hawks.. Damn man.. 

Indeed. Better your front seven, the better your secondary. And playmakers in the secondary makes your defense unstoppable. Want proof of how it doesn't work the other way around? 

The Cardinals.

Getting pressure from up the middle is special. 

A lot of mobile QB's are used to pressure coming from the side, they can step up into the pocket and gain yardage. The fact that we're changing things up by getting pressure up the middle means that QB's have to run side to side instead of getting positive yards. Getting QB's and RB's running side to side gives our LB core more opportunities to make plays. (Because they're basically the fastest in the league.)

Great write up OP. 

Keep pushing the pocket, force turnovers.... Keep giving Cam that short field... 

Another year of 30 pts a game. 

Archived