• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

10 Cloverfield Lane > Star Wars 6

the butch

21 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

.....none of the Star Wars movies are that great 

*ducks*

Ive been saying for years that while I dearly love the whole series of movies, I cant do so without acknowledging they are actually not very good.

19 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Ive been saying for years that while I dearly love the whole series of movies, I cant do so without acknowledging they are actually not very good.

I really only think Empire Strikes back is GREAT.   The others are solidly in "Good/Fun" territory.  Lucas had a chance to keep it going after Empire but thought it was too "dark" and put in Ewokes in the next one.    They are important for their time but I think when it comes to real deep Sci-Fi, Star Trek was better.

57 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I really only think Empire Strikes back is GREAT.   The others are solidly in "Good/Fun" territory.  Lucas had a chance to keep it going after Empire but thought it was too "dark" and put in Ewokes in the next one.    They are important for their time but I think when it comes to real deep Sci-Fi, Star Trek was better.

I can get with that.

I tend to throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to Empire but you're right, its a legitimately very good movie.

Just saw Clover last night. I certainly didn't see it coming. Anytime I can get a nice surprise from a movie I am pleased with it. But to say it's better than SW:TFA? No. And also, not really all that comparable movies. Subject matter is so different that while both technically Sci Fi they don't seem like comparable movies. Enjoyed both though.

Also, 4 of the SW movies aren't great. Sure there's the pop culture/childhood elements to consider but most of them are weak in many ways. A New Hope, Empire and the new one are great though.

Archived