• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton, reigning MVP, among most Underpaid (edit)

CarolinaCoolin

5 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

yeah i think you've got it backwards

and cam's extension is going to look like a bargain in the coming years

It's already a bargain. Look at the kind of money kirk cousins got recently. 

27 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

His second contract, Cam's, is going to be the biggest ever for a QB when he signs it 

Yes indeed but having a vise grip for the next five years PLUS the threat/tool of the tag in subsequent years will bring about an early extension and yet another win/win for Cam and the Cats.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Cam is not just getting paid as a quarterback but has millions in endorsements as well. He is doing pretty damn well for a guy who has yet to win a Superbowl and has a 3-3 record in the playoffs.

Are you implying that Cam is OVERpaid?! If so, you must be watching a different QB than me. 

Lol I wonder if Panthers55 will make the same argument for all the QB's in the league who haven't won a superbowl and especially Luck and the contract that he's going to get. If you just paid a QB on playoff and superbowl wins, then most QB's are overpaid. 

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Cam is not just getting paid as a quarterback but has millions in endorsements as well. He is doing pretty damn well for a guy who has yet to win a Superbowl and has a 3-3 record in the playoffs.

You're talking about the reigning MVP who put the offense on his back and MADE it the highest scoring offense in the league.

You're talking about the QB who earned the 15th (FIFTEENTH) highest amount last year.

Tell me you think there was just a single QB who earned their paycheck more than Cam earned his and I'll tell you you're flat out wrong. I don't care if it's an opinion, it's wrong.

Archived