• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2016 GS Warriors were the exact same team as 2016 Panthers

Hotsauce

3 minutes ago, xXxBretWeedxXx said:

72 Dolphins only had 14 regular season wins. The Patriots, Red Wings, Mariners, and now the Warriors all have the most regular season wins by a team, and none of them won a championship that same year.

I think we might be splitting hairs here. He said "never won the championship".

Besides, no other NFL team since has been able to go undefeated in the regular season, and also win the Super Bowl.

Either way, not a big deal, I was merely curious. 

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I think we might be splitting hairs here. He said "never won the championship".

Besides, no other NFL team since has been able to go undefeated in the regular season, and also win the Super Bowl.

Either way, not a big deal, I was merely curious. 

Yeah I think what he meant is that the 4 teams who hold the all-time record for most regular-season wins in a season in their respective sports all failed to win the championship.  But the way he said it was not clear.

2 hours ago, Omega Atrocity said:

Fun fact: The team with the most regular season wins in all 4 north american sports has never won the championship (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB).

Not true. The 72 Dolphins and 85 Bears both won the Super Bowl, and I'm sure there are others (Niners of the 80s and Cowboys of the 90s probably had a couple).

Curry and the Warriors choked after basically having the finals in the bag after game 4..it's not really like the Panthers because the Panthers never really had a shot to win in that game..panthers stunk that whole game..Warriors were up 3-1 in the series and blew it..that would be like Panthers being up 21-7 going into the 4th qtr and then losing 22-21

I get what the OP is suggesting to a degree but the way the super bowl and the finals played out were totally different IMO

I think what he meant was that the teams that hold the record for most regular season wins in each of the 4 major sports have not won the championship, not that the teams with the most wins of each season didn't ever win the championship. The Patriots, Red Wings, Mariners and now the Warriors all hold the record for most regular season wins in each sport and none of those teams won the title that year.

3 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

Both had the league best regular season. 

Both defied odds in playoffs, overcame deficits and made it to the championship. 

Both had the league MVP. 

And finally, both were products of a rigged system that ended with them losing to the media/leagues sweetheart (PFM and LBJ). 

AmIright???

I blame the Dab...

3 minutes ago, CarolinaNut said:

Curry and the Warriors choked after basically having the finals in the bag after game 4..it's not really like the Panthers because the Panthers never really had a shot to win in that game..panthers stunk that whole game..Warriors were up 3-1 in the series and blew it..that would be like Panthers being up 21-7 going into the 4th qtr and then losing 22-21

I get what the OP is suggesting to a degree but the way the super bowl and the finals played out were totally different IMO

Of course they played out different, you can't compare a 7 game series to a 1 game winner take all the same way. The narrative holds however.

Archived