• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Glad the NFL isn't like the NBA

Castavar

Durant going to the Warriors is like Cam leaving us and going to the Broncos. Coatailing to the team that just beat you in the playoffs (in our case superbowl) and leaving your own title contending team behind is some weakass beta sh*t.. NBA is a joke. Cavs and Warriors will no doubt be in the Finals the next 5 years. Glad the NFL actually has parity and is not predetermined who will be in the superbowl.

On another note, I know @Montsta literally shat his pants when he heard the news lol

Just now, El Dandy said:

Why do you think you're so important that you can make a thread about this in the Panthers section when there's already a thread for it in the Hornets/NBA section?

Didn't know, don't care.

I agree.  I enjoy the parity in the NFL.  Of course KD can do what he wants and I'm sure he put alot of thought into the decision but still.  Superteams aren't good for competition in general IMO

4 minutes ago, Mojo said:

I agree.  I enjoy the parity in the NFL.  Of course KD can do what he wants and I'm sure he put alot of thought into the decision but still.  Superteams aren't good for competition in general IMO

People are so pissy that they missed the main part of my rant which was the NFL actually having competitiveness and parity each year instead of having superteams. I don't hate KD for the decision. I just think it's a weak move for a superstar. It's a very easy decision if you really want to win. But I love that the NFL and their players somewhat hinders making superteams because of ACTUAL rivalries and cap.

5 minutes ago, Castavar said:

People are so pissy that they missed the main part of my rant which was the NFL actually having competitiveness and parity each year instead of having superteams. I don't hate KD for the decision. I just think it's a weak move for a superstar. It's a very easy decision if you really want to win. But I love that the NFL and their players somewhat hinders making superteams because of ACTUAL rivalries and cap.

I hear ya.  I think Durant had a real shot to bring a ring to OKC.  The Thunder were finally clicking in the playoffs this year and Bllly Donovan looks like he can adjust on the fly with the best of them.  Pretty impressive for a rookie coach.  I loved KD on OKC...

The NBA is crazy all around though.  You've got bench guys getting paid like NFL starting QBs.

I'm genuinely happy for him and his family, but  it is kind of a 'hop on the shoulders of a giant' kinda thing.

Archived