• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Are Signing.....

Not too shabby. With all the Big Bodies our Cs will be going against this year, Hibbert at least gives us a dying chance not to be horrifically outrebounded against every single night.

Plus news that we're still trying flip Hawes still gives me hope Cho's got one final gambit for the off-season.

Now.. Its time to watch highlights 

::sigh::

29 minutes ago, carolina-chuck2 said:

I actually like this damn move! 

Hibbert at one time was the best center in the league. Been up and down but he won't have to be the guy here like how he was in Indy and LA. 

HIBBERT >>>>>>>>>>> Zeller

Then I weep for the state of the league

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Hibbert a god awful rebounder for his size? Like I am pretty sure MKG averages more boards per 36 than Hibbert and he is half a foot shorter and 50 pounds lighter. I'll give you he blocks shots and he shoots free throws well but that is about it.

11 minutes ago, rico6 said:

His post moves\hook > anything Zeller and Hawes have ever displayed in their lives.

Which is unbelievably painful to type.

Maybe but he is still terribly inefficient from the field(never shot over 50%) so all those post moves don't translate to anything substantial. Hibbert is basically fools gold, but bright side we paid the junk price for him so it's ok.

No no noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You do not want this guy on your team.  What in the world is this team thinking?  You want to talk about a desperate move!  This guy is a complete head case.  A 7 footer who couldn't even find playing time on the desolate Lakers.  Rewind it back even further, you talking about a guy who played a full game for the Pacers in the playoffs, and came away with not 10, not 5, but zero points.  ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot at least when we signed Lance Stephenson, a signing I was against for the record, he had some ability to go with his crazy mindset.  This guy in Hibbert, man, I don't know what to say.

Edit: I do have to say this.  There was a small time ago where Hibbert looked like he was on his way to being one of the top centers in the game.  However at some point within the last 2-3 years, he completely checked out.  He's the only player I personally ask why is he even playing basketball because he plays like he doesn't want to be on the court.

Like the move actually... Gives atleast a last line of defense at the rim and a big body that won't be moved.. With MKG and Batum playing the wings you have a better defense.. Plus we don't know how Clifford and Ewing might help influence him..

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

The guy played for the dumpster fire that was LA the past 2 seasons. Also he is nothing like Al. Athletically maybe, but Al was never a shot blocker or rim protector. That is all Hibbert has been his entire carer. Hibbert addressed a major need on the cheap which is exactly what the team needed. How is anyone mad about this move?

I gave all the reasons i dont want him on our team, but in addition, as others have pointed out, he is a poor rebounder, and the "rim protector" reputation is misleading...  his lack of athleticism combined with his soft demeanor make for a horrible rebounder.  Hard for him to lumber into position and make quick adustments with positioning.  Remember how people hated that Al would score and then give it right back on defense because it took him so long to run back on the defensive end?  HELLO HIBBERT!

Remember how people hated Al being on the floor because he wouls get torched on the PnR?  HELLO THERE AGAIN, HIBBERT!

His rim protecting days were in Indy, and it was due to them slowing games down because he was on the floor, being efficient with the ball, which allowed them to get back on D, which then funneled shots inside because their perimeter D was so good...

I'm not going to keep harping on it.  It's done, and all I can do is hope for the best.  It's just very disappointing and underwhelming. 

Some of yall are getting your hopes up, but we are talking about a guy who was a bench warmer in LA.  In a lot of games, he didn't even play a lick of minutes.  Yall want to know what is even weirder about those statements?  The Lakers had nobody at center!  How can you not play any minutes on an average basis, yet they have nobody in front of you?  That is major grounds to question this guy's heart and as I said, he's the only player in the league I would ask why is he still a basketball player.  Guys, don't be surprised if this guy is on the bench and plays no minutes.  In fact, I strongly believe he won't last 20 games as a Charlotte Hornet.  That's just the facts.

20 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Some of yall are getting your hopes up, but we are talking about a guy who was a bench warmer in LA.  In a lot of games, he didn't even play a lick of minutes.  Yall want to know what is even weirder about those statements?  The Lakers had nobody at center!  How can you not play any minutes on an average basis, yet they have nobody in front of you?  That is major grounds to question this guy's heart and as I said, he's the only player in the league I would ask why is he still a basketball player.  Guys, don't be surprised if this guy is on the bench and plays no minutes.  In fact, I strongly believe he won't last 20 games as a Charlotte Hornet.  That's just the facts.

Let's see simple questions...

What's better no rim protection or some rim protection??

Who is a better shot blocker Roy Hibbert or anybody else on this team??

25 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Let's see simple questions...

What's better no rim protection or some rim protection??

Who is a better shot blocker Roy Hibbert or anybody else on this team??

Why does Zeller have such tiny arms? He would be so much better if he wasnt a T-Rex. I know that isn't what you are talking about exactly but God it frustrates me so much, all that athleticism for basically nothing.

Archived