• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eminem is the best rapper of all time

stankowalski

That's right.  He appropriated black music and made it better.  Kind of like Elvis, so maybe Eminem is the Elvis of rap.  

Granted I'm not what you'd call a rap fan.  I don't care for who is shooting who, or how many bitches you fuged.  In fact I really haven't paid attention to rap since the late 80's, early 90's.  I've heard or seen the "top" rap songs since then and none of them compare to Eminem.  It's not just his lyrics, because lyrically there are other (few) rappers that are on his level.  It's how he can tell a story and how he emotes it.   And honestly Tupac is the only one to me that is close to Eminem.  

And yeah I'm bored.  

Tech N9ne, when he wants to be, is the best rapper of all time, and he has been doing it longer than anyone currently.

Yes, Em is good, but he isn't the best ever.

He's probably done the best with the most adversity, but he isn't the best lyrically. He's top 5 but not #1.

It's all subjective but, to me at least, Biggie and Nas are ahead of Em too. One could argue that older dudes like KRS One, Outkast, etc. have done things better than most modern rappers too.

Not a big Eminem fan. GZA, Biggie, and Nas top him for sure. I do agree that he can paint a picture in some of his raps, just as these guys do and I think that is a must for a good rapper.  Tech n9ne is pretty good too.  My favorite, although not as mainstream, is Lord Infamous (associated w Three 6 Mafia). Lots of grimy gems that can dampen any sunny day.

also

"...leave them casket doors closed; nothing left but n**** guts.

take a paper sack; don't be at the funeral throwing up.

none of his remains, but the stains I left in his truck

sincerely yours, Lord Infamous Scarecrow."

5 hours ago, stankowalski said:

That's right.  He appropriated black music and made it better.  Kind of like Elvis, so maybe Eminem is the Elvis of rap.  

Granted I'm not what you'd call a rap fan.  I don't care for who is shooting who, or how many bitches you fuged.  In fact I really haven't paid attention to rap since the late 80's, early 90's.  I've heard or seen the "top" rap songs since then and none of them compare to Eminem.  It's not just his lyrics, because lyrically there are other (few) rappers that are on his level.  It's how he can tell a story and how he emotes it.   And honestly Tupac is the only one to me that is close to Eminem.  

And yeah I'm bored.  

You know nothing about Hip Hop but choose to start a thread to make outlandish, stereotypical statements about the subject....... 

2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

You know nothing about Hip Hop but choose to start a thread to make outlandish, stereotypical statements about the subject....... 

well, I agree with part of what you are saying....

but I wouldn't call it outlandish....as many of the most well respected rappers of all time have Em in their top 5.  Once you are in the top 5 it isn't outlandish to mix up orders.  I wouldn't have Em at the top though.  He is better than some IMO in a vaccum  that I have ahead of him but they get all time status edge on him for the path they made and set and allowed for others to piggyback and learn off of

8 hours ago, stankowalski said:

And yeah I'm bored.  

You know how I know you know nothing about hip hop?

6 hours ago, Bronn said:

Tech N9ne, when he wants to be, is the best rapper of all time, and he has been doing it longer than anyone currently.

Yes, Em is good, but he isn't the best ever.

He's probably done the best with the most adversity, but he isn't the best lyrically. He's top 5 but not #1.

It's all subjective but, to me at least, Biggie and Nas are ahead of Em too. One could argue that older dudes like KRS One, Outkast, etc. have done things better than most modern rappers too.

Tech is an absolute machine. 

12 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Tech is an absolute machine. 

That's why I say he's the best all time. Not many can ride a beat like he can, although many have tried. He's been a huge influence regionally on the midwest, and even nationwide with a lot of the more underground/real hip hop people out today.

He has his dumb songs and gimmicky moments, sure. But when he's really trying he kills it.

Archived