• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Greene's HOF Speech

The Huddler

His was the first jersey I ever owned.  My mom bought it for my birthday in middle school.  She knew how excited I was when we signed him because he was one of my favorite players before we got the Panthers.  

Also of mote, i havent read through the thread so idk if anyonr has already mentioned it, but i kept trying to figure out who the bearded guy next to Greg Lloyd was they were showing in his section during the speech...  the idiots at NFLN mistakenly threw up the graphic of Levon Kirkland as his name, when it clearly wasn't Kirkland's fat ass.  Then when KG mentioned his favorite bookend while here abd I imagined that guy in the crowd without a beard - it was our very own Lamar Lathon!!!  I felt like a 13 year old all over again, lol.  Awesome to see him there too.  Two of my favorite all-time Panthers.

21 hours ago, RickyManningJr said:

Dude he was a glorified DE in a 3-4,pointless to say he was poor in coverage.

13 hours ago, RickyManningJr said:

I believe you misunderstand what I am saying. The poster said he was a liability in coverage.  I basically replied saying it is irrelevant because he was basically a stand up D end.

You clearly said he was not worthy of being an every down LB, which he was for the Rams, Steelers and Panthers. "Glorified DE" were your words.

The only place he was used primarily as a pass rusher, or in your words "glorified DE", was the one season he played for the 49ers as their 'elephant'.

He was responsible for covering the flat and man against RBs/TEs. He was not just a DE at the OLB position.

Derrick Thomas, Lawrence Taylor, and Rickey Jackson all played the same exact position as Kevin Greene, and none of them were glorified DEs. They all had coverage responsibilities. Kevin Greene deserves as much respect as all the other hall of fame 3-4 OLBs. Do not diminish his role for some great defenses by saying he was only a DE at the OLB position.

On 8/7/2016 at 0:19 AM, CPantherKing said:

kevin-greene.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

He was wrestling with WCW as a Panther in the off season. I thought he left over a heated contract dispute with Bill Polian following his 1996 league leading sack title. Greene held out of camp that season and Polian gave him the boot right before the season started. Once Bill Polian left town Greene came back.

I vaguely remember him coming out to the Panthers Fight song when he started wrestling.  Such a badass!!

greene.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

AuzUSXdCAAArmIs.jpg

Archived