• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"To show you jackasses at 37 I can still play"

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, caatfan said:

He can still get open, catch the ball, and be tough to bring down. If he's fully recovered and can avoid another injury, he's got a good chance to be productive, even at 37. Jerry Rice did it at 42.

You're comparing the GOAT to Steve Smith though.............

1 hour ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Are there stipulations to this bet?  Such as if he gets hurt again?  Or anything of that nature?  Or is it straight up? 

Straight up, if he gets hurt by or before the 8th game, I take the hit on that and get the month ban bet.  Vice Versa, he eclipses 500 by the 8th game, you take a month off.  Sound good?

12 minutes ago, Dunn said:

Straight up, if he gets hurt by or before the 8th game, I take the hit on that and get the month ban bet.  Vice Versa, he eclipses 500 by the 8th game, you take a month off.  Sound good?

Fair enough.  If he eclipses 500 early, I'll take that month after he goes past it as well.  

24 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

You're comparing the GOAT to Steve Smith though.............

We're talking about the ability to produce at an age when most receivers have retired, NOT about how one guy compares to another in skill level. 

Here are some other WR's who were productive at 35 or older-

Chris Carter  
Tim Brown 
Jimmy Smith  
Joey Galloway
TO

Archived