• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 "Bubble players" for Thursday night

Jeremy Igo

I've seen Sandland miss the guy who blows up the run play on Stewart a few times now. If it's really about the best 53 I don't think he's on it.

I think people need to go back and look at Wegher's rushing performances from last preseason. He had the one catch in Buffalo and the two nice TD runs but his average over 29 carries was 3.8 yards. Amazing compared to this preseason but still, not great. 

I'm not saying I don't want him, I think he flashed a ton of quickness and tough running despite the numbers, but I think this year's struggle has made people exaggerate last year. 

I think we will see all three stay. ST performance is a big deal right now and I think that will keep a roster spot for Wegher. I'm also not sold on Simonson being the guy that stays as the TE3. It's a complicated position, particularly in our system, and no one is expecting a rookie draft pick from the late rounds to bring it all together in one training camp.

And Cash... if you can't see him as the same kind of player that Thomas Davis was coming out of Georgia, then you're missing something important. I believe Shaq Thompson was drafted to be TD's successor, but he's carved out a spot for himself that's too important to shift him out of. Cash embodies that same type of radar-guided missile player that can both layout a receiver and shoot the gap and take down a runner.

Who do I think we'll lose instead of these three? Simonson, Norwood and I think they might even cut loose Bersin, a fellow that would be swept up by a receiver depleted team pretty quickly.

Unless Beau Sandland is really good on ST's, I believe he will be the first healthy Gettleman draft pick to be cut before he plays a single regular season game. Lucas is clearly the better receiver out of all the young TE's and Dickson probably isn't going anywhere. Contrary to popular believe that guy does a lot for this team on offense and ST's.

30 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Wegher, and Cash are safe.  Beau is gone.  Write it down, mark the words, fish sticks and tits.  

I think Wegher and Cash are leaning to the safe side of the bubble, while Sandland looks like a TE looking to be picked up by some TE deficient team.

1 minute ago, caatfan said:

I think Wegher and Cash are leaning to the safe side of the bubble, while Sandland looks like a TE looking to be picked up by some TE deficient team.

I agree with Jeremy on this one, crazy enough.  Beau has been so shitty, I don't think anyone would want him.  

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Sandland is in no danger of being picked up. He was next to last pick in the draft and hasn't shown much on film yet.

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Guess I should have said 'hoping' instead of 'looking'. As a bottom of the 7th round rejection, he'd be looking, but likely nobody would be looking his way. 

Archived