• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK still in negotiations

Crazydounut

1 minute ago, Growl said:

lol we were exact same scenario with Josh. The exact same. We were getting him in his prime on a massive one year rental and we didn't want it. You're suggesting we've completely doubled back on that philosophy and making a number of unlikely assumptions about KK himself in the scenario which all seem to conveniently benefit the Panthers regardless of how unlikely they may be.

Nope.

We would control a top 3 player at his position, in his prime, at a highly valued position on this team, for 3 years worth just North of 30M.  That's called leverage.

Again, I don't want it to play out this way, but the team has the leverage, not the player.

1 minute ago, Adb6368 said:

Instead of saying just that try to enlighten me

Re-read my posts in this thread.

Since the new CBA, the teams have the majority of the leverage in contract situations...in KK's situation, we have all the leverage right now.

What I'm describing isn't what either side want, but make no mistake, KK has very little, if any leverage.

13 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol we were exact same scenario with Josh. The exact same. We were getting him in his prime on a massive one year rental and we didn't want it. You're suggesting we've completely doubled back on that philosophy and making a number of unlikely assumptions about KK himself in the scenario which all seem to conveniently benefit the Panthers regardless of how unlikely they may be.

Fact: The Panthers do not value the cornerback position as much as they do DT.

Fact: Josh Norman's agent dropped the ball.

Fact: You hate Dave Gettleman and are one of the most negative posters on this board. 

Fact: KK will play for Carolina at least the next 3 seasons.

Short had to play up to the same level as last season and hope not to be tagged and not get hurt to hit the open market to make make a crazy money contract. He can't hold out either. The safe bet is to take a reasonable deal and insure he makes good monet for years to come.

I don't know where the logic is that states he has the leverage. It simply doesn't exist for him. He can't demand anything right now.

11 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Re-read my posts in this thread.

Since the new CBA, the teams have the majority of the leverage in contract situations...in KK's situation, we have all the leverage right now.

What I'm describing isn't what either side want, but make no mistake, KK has very little, if any leverage.

Kawann's leverage is that he doesn't have to sign the tag until the day before the season starts and he can still get paid the full amount of the tag. Skipping all of offseason workouts, training camp and preseason with no financial penalty to him at all. That is something Gettleman just showed a great aversion to with the Norman situation. No doubt his agent will attempt to exploit that and advise KK to take the same course of action to either goad Gettleman into pulling the tag like he did with Noorman or increasing the offer at the deadline to sign a long term deal for a franchise tagged player in order to make sure KK is there for camp.

12 minutes ago, csx said:

Short had to play up to the same level as last season and hope not to be tagged and not get hurt to hit the open market to make make a crazy money contract. He can't hold out either. The safe bet is to take a reasonable deal and insure he makes good monet for years to come.

This.  

For the people that are suggesting that KK doesn't want to sign a deal... you're not considering this stance.  For KK to make the contract he's supposedly demanding after this year (if a deal isnt done by week one), he would have to play most likely every game without injury and put up another 11 sacks.  Not to say that isn't possible, but this IS the NFL.  Things happen.  especially injuries.  I can guarantee you that KK does not want to play the 2016 season at the salary he's currently at.   I agree that the team has most of the leverage.  At the end of the day,  KK will blink first.   

27 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Fact: The Panthers do not value the cornerback position as much as they do DT.

Lol this being out in the open is exactly why we lack leverage

Fact: Josh Norman's agent dropped the ball.

What lol? He got his player the highest paid contract at his position in the entire league. 

Fact: You hate Dave Gettleman and are one of the most negative posters on this board. 

lol you can't tell your butt from a BBQ and have revealed yourself as nothing more than a homer with no critical thinking skills and nothing to add to this conversation or any other.

Fact: KK will play for Carolina at least the next 3 seasons.

Man I'd hate to see how much Gettleman gives up if this comes true.

1 minute ago, Growl said:

Lol this being out in the open is exactly why we lack leverage

What lol? He got his player the highest paid contract at his position in the entire league. 

lol you can't tell your butt from a BBQ and have revealed yourself as nothing more than a homer with no critical thinking skills and nothing to add to this conversation or any other.

Man I'd hate to see how much Gettleman gives up if this comes true.

BAhahaha.

Josh Norman fired his agent before he got his deal...

i don't even feel the need to respond to the rest now.

37 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Nope.

We would control a top 3 player at his position, in his prime, at a highly valued position on this team, for 3 years worth just North of 30M.  That's called leverage.

Again, I don't want it to play out this way, but the team has the leverage, not the player.

Saying "nope" doesn't invalidate what I just said just because you want it to.

The team has made it demonstrably clear they don't want to go that route, and KK's agent is going to push that button over and over and over again pressuring them to cave or to let him walk.

"but they can just tag him!"

They don't want to tag him.

"Maybe they change their mind."

And KK sits out.

Just now, mjligon said:

BAhahaha.

Josh Norman fired his agent before he got his deal...

i don't even feel the need to respond to the rest now.

omg you think there was any measure of meaningful negotiation between Norman's camp and the Skins that's adorable.

Archived