• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK still in negotiations

Crazydounut

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/22022/dave-gettleman-contract-negotiations-are-going-on-with-dt-kawann-short

From this article it seems to me that Short will be signed eventually. Obviously Getlleman doesn't negotiate contracts during the season because that can cause distractions. So the signing if it happens this year, will have to happen before week 1. Even if KK doesn't get extended this year I fully expect a long-term deal to be done. I also believe that KK loves it in Carolina he has said this plenty of times. Another thing is that everyone on the team wants him back on the team after this year. We also will be able to use the franchise tag on him next year if we can't get a deal done by then

Remember the report that came out at the beginning of camp that talks had stalled and you all tried to rationalize it as just another Dave gettleman feat of undeniable awesomeness? 

"of course they ain't talking! Mah gettledaddy already said he don't do no negotiating during the season! Gettlemagic tells it like it is!"

Here's Dave negotiating during the season.

1 minute ago, Growl said:

We gave up any and all leverage when we openly admitted to letting Josh go for the specific purpose of resigning KK.

If there was one thing I didn't like about letting Josh go. This was definetly it, KK has all the cards in negotiations currently. We might have to give him the 17 million per that he is asking for

1 minute ago, Crazydounut said:

If there was one thing I didn't like about letting Josh go. This was definetly it, KK has all the cards in negotiations currently. We might have to give him the 17 million per that he is asking for

Not accurate.

8 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

We still have all of the leverage, KK has very little and knows it.

Having "the leverage" isn't a magical entity awarded to the side you want "to win."

Kawann is a young, elite player at an enormously significant position and has heard us talk about how much money we intend to throw at him all off season. This is furthered by the fact that players like Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox are setting a standard which he has a rightful claim to.

Saying "well you can just go play for another team, we're good at DT" isn't leverage-because he gladly will and get the money he feels he deserves.

Archived