• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK still in negotiations

Crazydounut

Just now, mjligon said:

KK and Josh Norman are completely different people. Josh Norman is a diva who had a retarded agent.

He's shown that now moreso than ever.

Oh so the Panthers are amazing and smart guys will definitely do whatever it takes to stay here

25 minutes ago, Crazydounut said:

If there was one thing I didn't like about letting Josh go. This was definetly it, KK has all the cards in negotiations currently. We might have to give him the 17 million per that he is asking for

Except that we spent a first round pick on a DT,and we have Starr.  As good as KK is, if the rookie shows something this year, we will still be ok without KK.  We wouldn't have to break the bank for him.

8 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol Josh was in the same situation. Tagging a player isn't a magic bean which absolves you from having to pay big money. Tagging a player, especially at a high dollar position like DT, not once, but twice doesn't benefit the team and Kawann and his agent know it, especially after we made a circus about wanting to avoid just such a situation just a few months ago.

Re-read my post, then read yours and see how dumb you sound.

Playing KK this year and tagging him for the next two would put him here for 3 years, in his prime, for just over 30M total in guaranteed dollars.

Cox just got 63M guaranteed.  Exactly how, exactly, does that not benefit the team?

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

I know it's hard for you to accept that, but yes, the Panthers are a great organization and players WANT to play here.

Troll on.

at least we've gotten past the crap and you feigning any knowledge about any matter brought up within the confines of this thread and gotten down to what the driving force and very foundation of your argument is

Only a stupid player wouldn't want play for my favorite team!!! Short is an idiot if he doesn't see that he's got no leverage when going up against the Getties! #gettles #gettlefather 

Just now, Kevin Greene said:

I would, it would completely hamper offseason moves. Think Julius Peppers debacle (twice).

It's his right.  He "wouldn't be under contract" and I see no reason for him to come into TC as a vet if the tag is waiting on him.

I want KK resigned, and at a "good" price, please don't let this thread fool anyone....however to say that KK has the leverage is just flat wrong.

37 minutes ago, Crazydounut said:

If there was one thing I didn't like about letting Josh go. This was definetly it, KK has all the cards in negotiations currently. We might have to give him the 17 million per that he is asking for

You are assuming that Gettleman will flinch with KK after cutting Steve Smith, basically forcing Jordan Gross' retirement, telling Josh Norman to go fug himself, and virtually giving every free agent he has signed a "take it or leave it" type of contract? Not happening.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

It's his right.  He "wouldn't be under contract" and I see no reason for him to come into TC as a vet if the tag is waiting on him.

I want KK resigned, and at a "good" price, please don't let this thread fool anyone....however to say that KK has the leverage is just flat wrong.

Same as JNO, was his right not to sign. If he doesn't sign in a timely fashion, he's probably shown the door like 24 was by Gettleman. We simply can't have 16 million in Cap Space in limbo.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Same as JNO, was his right not to sign. If he doesn't sign in a timely fashion, he's probably shown the door like 24 was by Gettleman. We simply can't have 16 million in Cap Space in limbo.

Disagree, but we will see.

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Re-read my post, then read yours and see how dumb you sound.

Playing KK this year and tagging him for the next two would put him here for 3 years, in his prime, for just over 30M total in guaranteed dollars.

Cox just got 63M guaranteed.  Exactly how, exactly, does that not benefit the team?

lol we were exact same scenario with Josh. The exact same. We were getting him in his prime on a massive one year rental and we didn't want it. You're suggesting we've completely doubled back on that philosophy and making a number of unlikely assumptions about KK himself in the scenario which all seem to conveniently benefit the Panthers regardless of how unlikely they may be.

Archived