• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kudos to Kaepernick

Wundrbread33

Just now, OBXPantha said:

They are talking 4 to 8 inches of rain. I'm pretty sure Hwy 12 to Hatteras will flood tonight.

Our house is perpendicular to the wright brothers memorial. We are in between it abd the beach. Any reason to think that area will get flooded and damage the car? Not afraid of rain

Just now, rodeo said:

It was clear from the start Kaepernick had a valid message that nobody wanted to actually listen to and were focusing on the wrong things.

And the message he conveys is that he is not grateful for the freedom he now enjoys to protest publically by disrespecting the flag and country that gives him that freedom in the first place through millions dying to preserve that freedom?

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Dont know how protesting the flag furthers his cause anyway.  There are many brave black servicemen who gave their lives for that flag and this country.  He is disrespecting every soldier who has given his life to protect that flag.  That flag doesnt represent the government or specific policies which discriminate but rather freedom to express your opinion so he could act as he did.  There are many ways to show your disapproval of this country and the government but disrespecting the flag is a very poor choice in my opinion.

I understand this view. What I liked is that Kap reached out to a teammate (Vollmer?) who is a vet, and he suggested that Kap take a knee.

6 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

What I think is hilarious is the people crucifying him for making a peaceful protest are the same people that are screaming that America has become too sensitive and soft. 

Right.

Make America great again! Kaep saying make things great for a group that's oppressed...well if you don't like it you can leave!

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

I understand this view. What I liked is that Kap reached out to a teammate (Vollmer?) who is a vet, and he suggested that Kap take a knee.

Better than nothing but I guess he cant ask the black veterans who died protecting his freedoms and that flag.  I wonder what they would say.

1 minute ago, The Huddler said:

Our house is perpendicular to the wright brothers memorial. We are in between it abd the beach. Any reason to think that area will get flooded and damage the car? Not afraid of rain

I don't think so but  it really depends on the wind.  Last report I saw says the winds have died down some.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

And the message he conveys is that he is not grateful for the freedom he now enjoys to protest publically by disrespecting the flag and country that gives him that freedom in the first place through millions dying to preserve that freedom?

He didn't disrespect the flag in the least. The flag had nothing to do with anything. And he didn't disrespect anyone who fought for his his freedom, in fact he specifically did it in order to respect them if you read his actual comments. He spoke that he did it to bring attention to the fact that we aren't honoring our end of the bargain to maintain those freedoms they fought for and we need to respect them more by doing our part.

Just now, rodeo said:

He didn't disrespect the flag in the least. The flag had nothing to do with anything. And he didn't disrespect anyone who fought for his his freedom, in fact he specifically did it in order to respect them if you read his actual comments. He spoke that he did it to bring attention to the fact that we aren't honoring our end of the bargain to maintain those freedoms they fought for and we need to respect them more by doing our part.

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

Again that is clearly his opinion about what he thinks and he is welcome to that opinion.  That right to even protest the government isnt available to the vast majority of people in the world.  It belongs to us because we have fought for that freedom and the flag is a symbol of the people not the government and the freedoms we all enjoy.  The flag has everything to do with being a symbol of that freedom and democracy and equality for all.  If that isnt available as it should be is a valid issue which needs to be addressed.  But disprespecting the flag is a poor way to do it and takes away from his message instead of reinforcing it. 

Archived