• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints now carrying over $40 MILLION in DEAD MONEY

SCP

13 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

2 seasons.

The Saints have a Super Bowl Championship, Super Bowl MVP, and two fewer wins than the Panthers over the last 5 seasons.

The Panthers have 3 back to back division championships and the league MVP. The Saints were only 1 game behind the Panthers in 2013 and 2014.

Both teams are currently 0-1 while losing their games badly by 1 point after taking the lead into the 4th quarter.

The Saints beat Peyton Manning in the SB. The Panthers lost to Peyton Manning in the SB. I would wait on that SB or at least wait until their next era is 5 years deep without a SB victory before you blow it all on one good season.

Their Super Bowl win does not count due to bountygate. I officially declare it vacated and they can never be referred to as Super Bowl champions until they win fair and square.

11 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

And yet they still sign the players they need and fill out their roster. They are in shot of the playoffs every year, but last season. They lost to a team by 1 point that many believe have a shot at the SB and will be better than the Broncos this season. I do not like their entire system they use to build a team, but they make it known that accumulating cap space is not the way to go.

How are the Saints in cap hell? They have $8m in cap space now, and they are on pace for $22m next season. Seems like they sign who they want too.

The Panthers are still better than the Saints, but Gettleman definitely narrowed that gap.

They need 60mil just to put an average NFL caliber defense on the field...    Gonna be a few years out.   

2 hours ago, bleys said:

They need 60mil just to put an average NFL caliber defense on the field...    Gonna be a few years out.   

Hell they need that just to field a below-average defense. To call the Saints defense an NFL defense is an insult to even the worst NFL defenses.

7 hours ago, bleys said:

They went out this off season and signed James Laurinaitis, Craig Robertson, Nick Fairley, Paul Kruger, and Roman Harper for their defense. Seems impressive for a cap strapped team. A much better job than what the Panthers did in the off season bringing in Paul Soliai and no one else of importance.

9 hours ago, TN05 said:

Their Super Bowl win does not count due to bountygate. I officially declare it vacated and they can never be referred to as Super Bowl champions until they win fair and square.

You should officially vacate just about every SB champion in recent history then. Most were known for their penchant for cheating and dirty play. The Broncos, Patriots, Steelers, Saints, and Giants. That would be 12 of the past 16 SB champion teams.

3 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

They went out this off season and signed James Laurinaitis, Craig Robertson, Nick Fairley, Paul Kruger, and Roman Harper for their defense. Seems impressive for a cap strapped team. A much better job than what the Panthers did in the off season bringing in Paul Soliai and no one else of importance.

None of those players are impact players. Who has a better roster Saints or Panthers? You've answered your own question .

36 minutes ago, carolinajay said:

None of those players are impact players. Who has a better roster Saints or Panthers? You've answered your own question .

QB, OL, FB, RB, and CB are all a push. WR, DE and S are better on the Saints roster. TE, DT, and LB are better on the Panthers roster. The difference comes down to who has the better depth. That would be the Saints.

43 minutes ago, carolinajay said:

Last year QB, RB and S were a push. WR was the only position the Saints were better. FB, TE, OL, DE, DT, LB, and CB were all better on the Panthers. In the off season, the Panthers downgraded and the Saints upgraded.

Blame it on the front office, but you can expect to see the changes impact the game on the field. Do not expect a blow out victory in either of the games against the Saints.

Archived