• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody else interested in seeing what our offense looks like with DA?

megadeth078

14 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

Well, if the team is regressing to old habits, why not the huddle?

The thing is though it is not old habits...the Newton hate is always there it is just last season they couldn't come out from under their rocks until after the SB.

I'd like to see it, yea.... he threw 2 picks, but that's in a obvious passing situation, where:

a) first one was miscommunication, b)second one was a deflected ball. 

He gets rid of the ball faster and makes his decisions sooner. Let cam heal up and see what the offense looks like with quick passes. 

7 minutes ago, mcdougal said:

The thing is though it is not old habits...the Newton hate is always there it is just last season they couldn't come out from under their rocks until after the SB.

This isn't a "Cam hate" thread.  Please stop getting triggered.  My original post is a criticism of Shula's underwhelming gameplan.  Cam will most likely have to sit out next week.  Might as well look forward to the adjustments Shula will have to make with DA getting the start.  You can pout about not having your MVP quarterback for a week if you want.  

23 minutes ago, ok2h8pep said:

Naw.  Derek isn't the answer.  He makes decisions a lot faster than Cam but he makes the wrong decision about every 10th pass.    He's an interception machine.

Cam needs some time off though - he's gonna get David Carr'ed.

pop quiz.

of the 131 regular season passes anderson has been asked to throw as a panther, he's thrown 7 touchdowns. how many interceptions has he thrown?

i'll give you a hint...his first one was today.

Haha I mean it seems like we are going to see DA vs the taints and Bucs. He knows the routes, playbook and seems to want to get the ball out quick but no DA is not a great NFL QB... he has what 59 INT to 51 TDs? He is a solid back up for things like today but the NFL in 2016 especially defenses are fuging brutal. 

the play calls don't change with anderson under center.

it only looks like it because anderson will pull the trigger faster on the underneath routes and throws to windows instead of waiting for someone to get open.

...and unless the defense gets it's head out of it's ass and the offense finds a run game, i'm not holding my breath for a spectacular turnaround.

i didn't see two run plays up the gut and the 1st pass attempt on 3rd and long every series for DA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Cam played like poo today. Inexcusable for the NFL MVP to be playing like that, it wasnt about the pressure oftentimes, he just made poor throws. DA seems to fit in our offense much better as of right now cuz cam's not taking the free passes as often as he should and when he does hes missing them half the time. Somethings gotta change to light up this offense. 

7 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

pop quiz.

of the 131 regular season passes anderson has been asked to throw as a panther, he's thrown 7 touchdowns. how many interceptions has he thrown?

i'll give you a hint...his first one was today.

You're playing with numbers by cherry picking what he's done as a back up for the Panthers.

I stand my my contention that he's an "interception machine" .

Look at his career numbers, look at his numbers specifically for his years as a starter playing the entire game.

In his career he throws an interception for every 1.05 touchdowns he throws (note that if you eliminate the 5 TD's he threw for the Panthers before today that drops to an interception for every .96 TD's).  

He's a good back up - he's not the answer for us.

Archived