• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistically what can the team do right now?

pstall

Just now, Jd dirtybird21 said:

The Panthers just need to stick to their core and do what they do best. They'll be alright, too much talent on both sides of the ball. They caught an offense that was red hot right now 

Maybe I could accept that if it was just this game where the panthers were playing a bad game.. but every game they have played like poo and got lucky beating the niners.. They have alot of work to do if they want to get back to the top.

1 minute ago, Toolbox said:

Maybe I could accept that if it was just this game where the panthers were playing a bad game.. but every game they have played like poo and got lucky beating the niners.. They have alot of work to do if they want to get back to the top.

They've won the division 3 years in a row. It's their division right now. There's still a lot of football left to be played. Falcons look good but Carolina still has the most complete team in the division. It's all about timing. Falcons are playing well right now and clicking offensively, but they aren't going to score 45 every week. The panthers are struggling right now, but they will eventually get it together and start playing good ball. This week was just good timing for the falcons, and bad timing for the Panthers. 

Kk Short they have planned against him DEs not doing it and the back end lord have mercy I see 5 panthers standing there beside the guy that caught the ball and I am like somebody dive , swat do something..they seem to be just standing..no one is breaking on the ball..and good lord why couldn't they doublet on Jones they saw no one person could cover him..let someone else beat you instead of letting him look like a football God.

They need to lean heavy on all out blitzing with man to man coverage.

Bradberry and Worley are struggling in zone coverage.

They need to attack on offense with the goal of putting up 30 points in the first half. Take all the acceptable risks early in games and keep their opponent trying to play catch up.

All defensive schemes must be predicated on getting to the QB in less than 3 seconds and playing the run to the QB.

Trade for a vet DE and CB if you feel like the team is still in SB contention.

The answers were available in the off season to make this team even stronger, but the front office dropped the ball.

Bring Tillman and Allen out of retirement.

The first and most obvious move is benching tre boston the second Michael Griffin is up to speed. I don't give a poo how athletic boston supposedly is; he has no idea how to play football. Just gives up plays time after time. never in the correct position. special teams player at best. It's not going to set the nfl on fire, but the move will ensure the Panthers always have a DB back deep. 

The Corner/DE problem is tied together; there's really no point in quibbling with chicken and egg arguments. Right now the Panthers are trusting the DE to get to the QB and playing the DBs off. This isn't working. But I really don't think they have any good options.

Right now we're seeing the football equivalent of playing straight away in baseball. All we can really do is play it safe and hope the defense holds in the red zone, when things get more compact. Again, improved safety play will go a long way in helping this. If you wanted to make a panic move, all you can really do is start shaq full time. Maybe he brings a spark. 

On the other side of the ball, it's just going to require a complete reimagining of who the team is. They simply Do Not Have The Players to run this scheme at the moment. They don't have the running backs, they don't have the tackles, and at this rate they're not going to have the QB. 

You have three very good interior lineman. Stop being cute and just run the ball and do play action. If cam wants to run, so be it.

On the other side of the ball, they're more than willing to concede they don't have the players to do anything exotic. They're playing off the ball and just hoping kawaan or luke can bail them out. They need the same approach on the offensive side of the ball. Stop being cute, line up 11, let benjamin and cam and greg make plays. 

I dunno. I don't really expect this to get much better. This team has serious serious serious flaws. There's not going to be a magic fix. 

23 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

The first and most obvious move is benching tre boston the second Michael Griffin is up to speed. I don't give a poo how athletic boston supposedly is; he has no idea how to play football. Just gives up plays time after time. never in the correct position. special teams player at best. It's not going to set the nfl on fire, but the move will ensure the Panthers always have a DB back deep. 

The Corner/DE problem is tied together; there's really no point in quibbling with chicken and egg arguments. Right now the Panthers are trusting the DE to get to the QB and playing the DBs off. This isn't working. But I really don't think they have any good options.

Right now we're seeing the football equivalent of playing straight away in baseball. All we can really do is play it safe and hope the defense holds in the red zone, when things get more compact. Again, improved safety play will go a long way in helping this. If you wanted to make a panic move, all you can really do is start shaq full time. Maybe he brings a spark. 

On the other side of the ball, it's just going to require a complete reimagining of who the team is. They simply Do Not Have The Players to run this scheme at the moment. They don't have the running backs, they don't have the tackles, and at this rate they're not going to have the QB. 

You have three very good interior lineman. Stop being cute and just run the ball and do play action. If cam wants to run, so be it.

On the other side of the ball, they're more than willing to concede they don't have the players to do anything exotic. They're playing off the ball and just hoping kawaan or luke can bail them out. They need the same approach on the offensive side of the ball. Stop being cute, line up 11, let benjamin and cam and greg make plays. 

I dunno. I don't really expect this to get much better. This team has serious serious serious flaws. There's not going to be a magic fix. 

I did notice in the second half Griffin was getting more snaps. At one point I thought they benched Boston.

Archived