• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After the Atlanta debacle, and now with cutting Bene, I have finally joined this club...

Wundrbread33

Just now, nctarheel0619 said:

Cool, thanks!  

No problem.

I've seen @Jeremy Igo on this site pretty much since the beginning. We've butted heads before and I don't always agree with him, but I respect the work he's put in to get this place from just another fan site to a place that has actual access to players and info.

I'm sorry if what he says doesn't jibe with your "we didn't win it all bench cut fire everybody right now in the name of higher standards" approach, but hey...

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

No problem.

I've seen @Jeremy Igo on this site pretty much since the beginning. We've butted heads before and I don't always agree with him, but I respect the work he's put in to get this place from just another fan site to a place that has actual access to players and info.

I'm sorry if what he says doesn't jibe with your "we didn't win it all bench cut fire everybody right now in the name of higher standards" approach, but hey...

Awesome!  Sounds good!  

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Igo talked directly to him and got that he was ready to hold out.

You want to tell Igo you know more than he does, be my guest.

Funny thing Norman himself said he was willing to sign the offer but Gettleman didn't want to. But yeah since Igo said so it must be true.

Like I mentioned above, find me last 5th round pick that held out on his rookie contract.

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Funny thing Norman himself said he was willing to sign the offer but Gettleman didn't want to. But yeah since Igo said so it must be true.

Like I mentioned above, find me last 5th round pick that held out on his rookie contract.

I'll listen to Igo over you, thanks.

7 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Hahaha I love it that the Gettleman haters are using Norman as the reason why our defense has fallen off completely. They can't comprehend logic but let me try with those who actually believe G-Man caused this.

1) Our DL and LBs are our bread and butter. Don't pretend otherwise. We rely on our pass rush. Now, granted, our DBs have sucked at tackling this season but so has our pass rush. Without a legitimate pass rush, our defense goes to shambles. Our LBs are wicked athletic but they can't carry the defense by themselves. They can't be asked to blitz and cover TEs, RBs or even WRs at the same time. We need those guys to roam free and make plays. They're not. Thus, our DBs are being exposed more than ever. Our corners are puppies but are playing admirably. They'd look like vets if our pass rush was getting there. It's not. So we're fugged at the moment.

2) It's already been confirmed. Norman was a whiny bitch during negotiations. He was pouting like a damn kid if he didn't get what he wanted. If he was really ready to sign for 8m a year, he'd be here but guess what? Josh left for the Redskins because they offered him more. Again, Norman had all the time in the world to sign the tender. He didn't. He personally told Igo (who isn't the "be all" for Panther news but I believe him most of the time, and wasn't lying about Norman). Josh was ready to hold out. Gettleman rescinded the tag. Josh cried because he lost at chicken and his pride and ego were damaged. So long, goodbye.

I certainly didn't mean to aggravate you. To clarify, I'm not a "Gettleman hater," and in fact am very supportive and trusting in his abilities.

That being said, not every move made is a home run by G-man. I understand the effects of pass rush, and you certainly don't need elite players on the back end, but they need to be organized and on the same page. The loss of leadership and cohesion in our secondary is telling to me (not just losing Norman). The lack of consistent pass rush hurts, but teams are also getting the ball out fast on us and our young guys are still "thinking" instead of just "playing" at this point, so they are struggling. 

The debacle that was Atlanta, coupled with the cutting of Bene leads me to (albeit prematurely) believe that G-man overplayed his "it's all about the big men and the secondary doesn't matter" card. Meanwhile, a guy like Norman has to be thinking, "what the hell is going on over there..."

I also understand this is not just G-man in a vacuum. Rivera and Co. own some of this too, as do the players.

But come on, when the story of the offseason was us rescinding the tag on Norman (agent troubles or not) and replacing him with rookies, without spending some cap on at least one solid vet to ease the rookies in...then we allow 500 yards passing, 300 to one dude, THEN straight cut Bene...it just looks an awful lot like chaos and crow city for the front office.

Or am I just not comprehending logic?

Archived