• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason tells Newton to stop being childish

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Beason is trying to get his name out there in the media game.

Best easy route to do that? Throw Cam Newton under the bus.

I like Jon, but I don't give a flying fug about press conferences. It damn sure isn't going to make me feel better about being 1-5. All this "act like a man" bs when the guy literally regularly carries this franchise on his back on the field makes me laugh.

Very funny, huh? The organization and his teammates also know this, which is why no one will go on record and say anything about it. They know he takes losses personal. You either deal with it or you don't. The media cares way too much about little things that Cam does. But you know, others doing it is called "passion." LOL. This fanbase is weird. 

5 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

you see what cam needs to do....is get burned by the kevin kolb/jeff king connection and tear a ligament chasing the whitest most unathletic tight end down the seam. then create all these shirtless recovery videos on youtube. that's how you man up.

Lol

13 minutes ago, csx said:

It is true despite some people here believing the only person in the world of football you cant question is Cam Newton.

No one said he could not be questioned but asking the same question 5 times in a different way after he has said next question is saying no comment .  Ask something different...This media thing is really crazy...Thats my complaint you can't make someone give you a answer just because you ask..like he did not say next question..thats crazy..he has been in the league 6 yrs and does the same thing over and over he is not changing..let's get over it...what he does on field is what counts..after game is over.

1 minute ago, Darvinsun said:

No one said he could not be questioned but asking the same question 5 times in a different way after he has said next question is saying no comment .  Ask something different...This media thing is really crazy...Thats my complaint you can't make someone give you a answer just because you ask..like he did not say next question..thats crazy..he has been in the league 6 yrs and does the same thing over and over he is not changing..let's get over it...what he does on field is what counts..after game is over.

If you want him at his best, you take him at his worst. He's not one of those gray area people. When he loses, it's bad. When he wins, it's great. 6 years of talking about his attitude is old. It's especially sour when you know you've done everything in your power to help lift and lead your team. I don't care if he shows up at the podium in underwear and cowboy boots and just stands there, he's fullfilled his obligations. They want a hot take from him and get mad when they can't get it. 

27 minutes ago, El Dandy said:

It blows my mind that people can't grasp how Cam's behavior is not a good thing. Cam is the best QB this team has ever had, but he's still greatly flawed. All I've wanted is for him to show some improvement over the years, yet he's still acting like a child, last year being even worse since he acted like a child in victory and defeat. All I ask is that he acts like a fuging professional and doesn't draw unwanted attention to the team. 

You don't see his teammates defend him over this either do you? They always come to his defense when it's something dumb like the Green Bay banner or the Tennessee Mom incident. But his pouting infant attitude is definitely a problem.

Why should anyone kiss butt because you care what people think..you want everyone to like you..I t appears Cam does not care he is going to be himself and not fake break like every other QB ..People did not listen when he said he is unlike any other QB you have seen...Did not mean just on the field but period. When he does talk you guys still don't  listen. You can't cherry pick the guy he is who he is.Don't listen to any of his conferences Rivera said he didn't watch you guys can do the same..

I can totally see Beason's perspective.  I get it because it's the standard line.  Personally, I'd love for him to be able to do the media show just to shut them up.  

Then again, that's not who Cam is.  You get the Good Cam with the Bad Cam.  So while it would be great to shut the media and give the Tom Brady/patriots answers, it's not the end of the world.  I think everyone has an opinion, and everyone knows Cam Newton will get you lots of clicks...

ITT Homers apologizing for sub-standard behavior.  I understood this at the Super Bowl because it was a bad setup (opposing team interviews in same area) and on a different emotional level.

Handling regular season losses this way is a different matter and immature.  He's being paid to do a job and to act as a leader.  Part of those responsibilities includes handling the media in a professional manner.  Period.

Archived