• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predictions on firings if we lose this game?

Crazydounut

54 minutes ago, Snake said:

Its because JR always cheaps out after a SB season. Not getting a edge rusher,OT,or CB is killing us. Both Owner and GM know who Rivera(a avg coach who needs talent to win) and should have given him something. 

If J.R. was "cheaping out" he would've never let Gettleman put the tag on Norman to begin with. 

23 hours ago, Darvinsun said:

When was the last time you said good play call shula in a crucial point in the game when we needed to score....true we put up points but the scores are averages ...sf, No, Dv.  the rest of the games not so much..just like the defense needs to bell out the offense so does the offense..in those losses i saw some many lame play calls in crucial moments..even when the defense played somewhat decent ..those interceptions we got..if the offense could have mustard a drive instead just going 3 and out...Shula is bad when we need  good play calling run 3 times up the middle..need 1 yard throw deep...come on ..he stinks at the wrong time just like mcdermont with the prevent defense..

That isnt even close to true. How many times agsinst New Orleans did the offense tie the score  after the defense or special teams failed? The only reason we lost is the defense gave up a field goal at the end.  What about coming back against Denver only to have the special teams miss a field goal? How about the second half comeback against Atlanta which was stopped by the Anderson picks which happens with backup quarterbacks. You could argue the offense was anemic against  Tampa without Newton or Stewart and be true. But your assessment.of why is off base.

You could argue that we were just poor against Minnesota and be right but obviously they are much better than we knew.

The offense is inconsistent but most of that speaks not to playcalling but poor execution. Missed blocks, interceptions, fumbles, dropped passes. I could agree that we have had too many 3 and outs and stalled drives for sure but the problem hadn't been playcalling but guys making mistakes at crucial times.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

That isnt even close to true. How many times agsinst New Orleans did the offense tie the score  after the defense or special teams failed? The only reason we lost is the defense gave up a field goal at the end.  What about coming back against Denver only to have the special teams miss a field goal? How about the second half comeback against Atlanta which was stopped by the Anderson picks which happens with backup quarterbacks. You could argue the offense was anemic against  Tampa without Newton or Stewart and be true. But your assessment.of why is off base.

You could argue that we were just poor against Minnesota and be right but obviously they are much better than we knew.

The offense is inconsistent but most of that speaks not to playcalling but poor execution. Missed blocks, interceptions, fumbles, dropped passes. I could agree that we have had too many 3 and outs and stalled drives for sure but the problem hadn't been playcalling but guys making mistakes at crucial times.

I did not see the Saints game, and true we had some poor executioin by players, but you have to call plays that help your players.  When Cam is in a funk..let him run,  make some quick easy throws, go no huddle ..he does not do that often enough hardly ever in games i watch..when defense made a stop what we do run straight up the middle when we need 15 yds...if we need 1 yard throw a long ball but we have been running good all game...Thats what I saw in the losses i watch..who runs the ball 3 freaking time straight up the middle for 0 yards only Shula He has a tendency o go away from things that work to things you scratch your head on and say what the f.

37 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

I did not see the Saints game, and true we had some poor executioin by players, but you have to call plays that help your players.  When Cam is in a funk..let him run,  make some quick easy throws, go no huddle ..he does not do that often enough hardly ever in games i watch..when defense made a stop what we do run straight up the middle when we need 15 yds...if we need 1 yard throw a long ball but we have been running good all game...Thats what I saw in the losses i watch..who runs the ball 3 freaking time straight up the middle for 0 yards only Shula He has a tendency o go away from things that work to things you scratch your head on and say what the f.

Everyone sees what they expect to see. Every game there are plays that fail miserably or succeed wildly. If you call a draw on 3 and 15 and go for one yard it is a stupid call. But if you get 16 yards it is a brilliant play. It is all execution and results that determine if it was a good play call or not. You don't know until after the fact and even a great play can be negated by a great defensive effort. 

18 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Anyone who thinks Shula + our offense = production is as simple as 1+1=2 is the real football retard. The defense is what's costing us wins this year but the offense isn't riddled with talent holes like the defense is. We have 4 good to great players on defense (Luke, TD, Short and Star) with severe deficiencies at DE and the entire secondary. Our offense has studs at every position, even OL with one of the better tandems at G in the league.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Hyperbole much?

22 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I don't think so. QB? Obviously. RB? Stewart is a stud when healthy. WR? KB is a stud. TE? Obviously. OL? Turner obviously, Norwell borderline, Kalil was once a stud, might still be.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Then we have criteria when judging talent I guess.  Cam, Olsen, and Turner...that's all I see as "studs".

7 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

Then we have criteria when judging talent I guess.  Cam, Olsen, and Turner...that's all I see as "studs".

I'd still add an aging Kalil to the stud list.  He definitely is aging but the total package he is I would still give him the nod.

On 10/27/2016 at 8:06 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Fielding an all-time terrible secondary while sitting on over $20M in cap space is something a bad GM does, not something a good GM does. It was all due to his timing on the Norman decision. If he was gonna tag him, he should've been willing to let him play out the season under the tag. If he was gonna let him walk, he should've let him walk early in the process so that we could've put some of that cap space to use signing some CBs who actually had a day of NFL experience under their belt. But, Dave let his ego get the best of him on that one. He wasn't getting anywhere with negotiations and he wanted to show the world that no agent was gonna get one over one him. Meanwhile, Norman hits free agency after all the big spending was over and STILL became the highest paid DB in football while the Panthers get off to a 1-5 start in large part because of a historically terrible secondary after coming off of a Super Bowl appearance.

Nice job, Dave.

Oh please, if Dave had let him walk early in the process you would be saying "Dave's ego!!!! He wasn't even willing to negotiate because Dave's ego is too big!!!!1!1!"

You can't blame both sides of the coin on Dave's ego lol, give it a rest.

45 minutes ago, run1stdownrun2nddown said:

Oh please, if Dave had let him walk early in the process you would be saying "Dave's ego!!!! He wasn't even willing to negotiate because Dave's ego is too big!!!!1!1!"

You can't blame both sides of the coin on Dave's ego lol, give it a rest.

I realize some people never matured beyond the age of 12 emotionally, but if you're going to attempt conversation, at least try to have something to say. I thought I pretty clearly explained my reasoning there.

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I realize some people never matured beyond the age of 12 emotionally, but if you're going to attempt conversation, at least try to have something to say. I thought I pretty clearly explained my reasoning there.

Derp, it's all Gettleman's ego's fault!!! Derp, no matter what happens it's Gettleman's ego's fault!!!

And you call me the 12-year old?? You really are delusional aren't you?

Archived