• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

anyone else bodybuild?

juliosantos

Yup, started about a year and some months ago, 5 days a week, only took a week off. I'm having a blast. The noob gain period is amazing. I went from 164 lbs currently at 189 lbs, (5'11) with very little if all of that fat. Bench tripled, squat a little more than tripled and dead lift almost quadrupled. Military doubled. I'm at that point now where I need to tweak a little to get over the plateau.

3 hours ago, Lumps said:

Yup, started about a year and some months ago, 5 days a week, only took a week off. I'm having a blast. The noob gain period is amazing. I went from 164 lbs currently at 189 lbs, (5'11) with very little if all of that fat. Bench tripled, squat a little more than tripled and dead lift almost quadrupled. Military doubled. I'm at that point now where I need to tweak a little to get over the plateau.

Progressive overload. Either increase weight, reps, or intensity each subsequent set. Easiest way to get over a plateau for me. Then again, I work with progressive overload daily and I've been lifting for over a decade, so I just understand how my body gains. Your mileage may vary.

Archived