• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WE NEED TACKLES!!

juliosantos

36 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Here are the only options I see that would be any sort of upgrade at tackle for us that are not old as dirt too.

LT Matt Kahlil Age : 27 $4,942,000

LT Marcus Cannon Age: 28 $4,500,000

LT Riley Reiff Age: 27 2016 CAP : $1,998,425

Projected Tackles Position Rankings:

Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

Cam Robinson, Alabama

Conor McDermott, UCLA

Tyrell Crosby, Oregon

Zach Banner, USC

As of late drafting tackles in the 1st hasn't necessarily panned out.  Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel, DJ Humphries.

My opinion is you draft the best CB, DE, RB in that order pick up a 2nd or 3rd round Tackle Like Tyrell Crosy or Zach Banner and sign yet 1 more year of a Veteran Band-Aid (not Wal-Mart FA signing) and let this year draft pick learn the offense. 

I am seeing a lot of Mock Drafts (I know its stil early) but us choosing CB's or DE's at current pick #6 (which won't be the case come draft day) 

McGlinchey suprisingly have seen many scouts and people having him falling out of the 1st

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/OT

Would be all aboard getting him in the 2nd.  Myles Garrett would be the obvious but will be gone.  So I like 2 LSU guys

Fournette- freak, hyped as the best RB prospect since AP.  Even most had him over Zeke and Gurley.  Everyone said he wouldve been the top RB taken last year over Zeke if he could come out. 

Jamal Adams- read up and watch some film on him.  Hitter, very instinctive, smart player, Leader, great locker room guy, Athlete.  Kid calls the plays ala Luke for us from the safety role.  need this kid in our defensive backfield with these other young guys.  

Here's what I know. The college OTs are awful, many reasons why( not enough practice allowed, spread offense, poor coaching, weak in weight room, etc etc). According to the panthers OL staff and a few others across the league, after the first 4/5 OTs( in the draft) the rest are no better than the current street free agents.

Look at Seattle, they've been drafting DTs and making them OLmen. Honestly it's a mess and it's not going to get better any time soon. Mainly what OL coaches want is a big chunk of clay, but no one is willing to wait 2 years.

Not many will listen or understand this but compared to MANY other teams, the panthers have a good group of OTs.......... and OGs and Cs. Watch some other teams besides Carolina and see the light.

17 minutes ago, MV%doe said:

Here's what I know. The college OTs are awful, many reasons why( not enough practice allowed, spread offense, poor coaching, weak in weight room, etc etc). According to the panthers OL staff and a few others across the league, after the first 4/5 OTs( in the draft) the rest are no better than the current street free agents.

Look at Seattle, they've been drafting DTs and making them OLmen. Honestly it's a mess and it's not going to get better any time soon. Mainly what OL coaches want is a big chunk of clay, but no one is willing to wait 2 years.

Not many will listen or understand this but compared to MANY other teams, the panthers have a good group of OTs.......... and OGs and Cs. Watch some other teams besides Carolina and see the light.

I understand your point, but there has to be somebody that we can pick up that's better than Mike Remmers. Trade up to a top 10 pick. But if we keep losing we will get a top 10 pick next draft.

4 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

I understand your point, but there has to be somebody that we can pick up that's better than Mike Remmers. Trade up to a top 10 pick. But if we keep losing we will get a top 10 pick next draft.

It's just a werid time for NFL OTs. With soooooooooo many colleges throwing the ball, lots of OT don't even get in three point stances!!! I mean how on earth do you power rush block in a two point stance??

Look I'm not going to bag on remmers at all, the guy is putting out 110% effort. He's replacing oher, Shula doesn't help with game planning or play calling, nor does cam when he holds on for 5 secs a few plays a game. He does struggle at times even when everything is perfect. Still the Win lost record is something like 35-10 once he was inserted into the lineup, and the panthers had #1 offense lasted year and a top five this year. If he was dogshitt like most here complain about it would be impossible to achieve all those feats. But what do I know.....

10 hours ago, juliosantos said:

we have a great oline with norwell kalil and turner but the revolving doors at tackle make the oline as a whole look like crap !!!. we need to bring in 2 tackles in free agents , they dont have to be no high priced guys but at least a proven starter to compete with williams and oher and to replace that bum remmers  . with a solid oline we seen what cam can do and with a bad oline he plain sucks when hes getting hit every play . we are wasting cams talent seriously hes better off and almost every offense in the nfl other than ours we have legit the worst offense without cam !! get tackles and spend a early pick on a rb we need a running game . we can cut tolbert and restructure stewart to keep as a change of pace because hes too injury prone . just picture cam with an actual running game where he doesn't have to do most of the work and tackles that are half decent . once again im not asking for no joe thomas or tyron smith  just a guy thats an upgrade over oher and remmers .

Good luck with that. I'll be here so see how this one turns out.

19 hours ago, PantherBuckeye89 said:

I'd sign Matt Kalil. Yea, his rookie year was his best so far, but he would be an upgrade over Oher at LT and working with his brother might help bring out the best. And I'm fine with getting rid of Oher by the way, just as I am high on Darryl Williams and I just think he needs to play. As far as the draft goes, two guys I like that we could have between the 2nd-4th round are Chad Wheeler and Taylor Moton.

I still think the situation we need to upgrade the most is DE. The good news about the secondary is it's a strong FA class.

kalil makes sense , i think he will also be better if hes on the same team as his brother and we can always slide him or oher to the right to compete with daryl 

16 hours ago, ncfan said:

McGlinchey suprisingly have seen many scouts and people having him falling out of the 1st

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/OT

Would be all aboard getting him in the 2nd.  Myles Garrett would be the obvious but will be gone.  So I like 2 LSU guys

Fournette- freak, hyped as the best RB prospect since AP.  Even most had him over Zeke and Gurley.  Everyone said he wouldve been the top RB taken last year over Zeke if he could come out. 

Jamal Adams- read up and watch some film on him.  Hitter, very instinctive, smart player, Leader, great locker room guy, Athlete.  Kid calls the plays ala Luke for us from the safety role.  need this kid in our defensive backfield with these other young guys.  

fornette is much better than zeek , he really is the next adrian peterson almost the same type of runner and he fits our scheme perfectly 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:20 AM, juliosantos said:

kalil makes sense , i think he will also be better if hes on the same team as his brother and we can always slide him or oher to the right to compete with daryl 

That is my thought process. It's obvious that Matt Kalil has talent and working with his brother may bring out his potential. But he is a pure LT. I want to give Big Darryl a full season at RT. Though I also think he may one day move to Guard as a replacement for whoever leaves.

Archived