• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just stopped by to say...

iamhubby1

Olsen is on pace for his 3rd straight 1,000yd season. Which, by the way, has never been done before. KB is on pace for his 2nd 1,000yd season. And yet, Olsen is basically being ignored, and KB is being called a bust. All because folks are fixated on the losing record, and the loss of Josh.

No matter what folks tell you, there is still some good things going on up in here.

Our Offense can still score points. Our Defense leads the league in Sacks, and is near the top in INTs, and Fumbles. And whether you agree with the picks or not. Bradberry, Worley, and Butler lately, have all had really good rookie years.

If you think we are the only team that plays prevent Defense with a lead. You may need to watch more football.

If you think the double A gap blitz was invented by Ron, and McDerp last year. You may need to watch more football.

If you think we are the only team to try and work the clock with a lead. You may need to watch more football

If you think we are the only team that has clock management troubles. You may need to watch more football.

If you think the refs are out to get you. You may need to watch more football.

If you think that only Panther WRs drop passes. You may need to watch more football.

If you think that wanting an OT will make it so. You may need to watch more football.

Or if you think that the SuperB owl negated what Oher, and Remmers did last year. You may need to watch more football.

Gano has made 15 of his last 16 FGs.

If you actually think RR, and Gman, sat in the office and said "Hey, we bring back 20 of 22 starters." and thought this year was going to happen?...

No, things are not perfect in Panther Land, and mistakes were made. But C'mon man. Don't let one bad stretch ruin your mojo. We have a great QB, and a great MLB. We have talent all over the place. We have a solid core, mixed with some up and coming kids. And we have money, and a relatively high draft pick. Man, the future looks good to me.

2 years ago the Raiders had 60mil in cap space. Look at them now. We are in a much better place than they were. So let's actually see what happens before we pronounce the death sentence. Shall we?

Yup, sure, yeah, and oh my God this year suxs. Well so what...suck it up, take a handful of aspirin, and let's get back at it. Our motto is #KeepPounding. If that is something you feel is outside your realm of doability? Try being a LIons fan for over 40 years. Adversity is our middle name.

I hate using the "Panther fans are spoiled" line. Because we are a young franchise, so some of the younger fans have no clue what it's like to actually suffer for your team. The Panthers in their short history have won more Divisional Titles (3 straight coming into the year.) , more Playoff games, been to more NFCCGs, or even SuperB owls, than the Lions have in the last 50 years. Or the Browns. Or the Saints. Or the Failcuns, or a handful of other teams. Hellz, we have had more success in the last 20 years than the Cowboys.

Yet there are a multitude of Panther fans that feel they DESERVE not only a SuperB owl team, but a SuperB owl winner. Just read a few threads lately. The frustration is palpable.

tl/dr version; Losing happens. If you cannot handle the losing without resorting to foul language, and verbal abuse. Just maybe, NFL fandom is not for you.

Oh, and during last weeks game Eugene said that since week 12 of 13, we threw the ball on 1st down almost 40% of the time. But this year our 3rd down conversion rate has dropped from a league best 45%, down to less than 30% this year. The wife interrupted the broadcast, so I didn't hear where we stood, or what he thought brought about that drastic of a change, but that is a significant drop off. It does explain why we were ahead of the chains so much last year, and at one point we only had like 3 3rd downs against NO the second game. But that is neither here nor there. Just a point of contention for the Offense sux crowd.

Lastly. Just because I see no reason to hate on any member of the Panther Org. for how this year has transpired. Does not necessarily mean I am acquainted with Gman's genitalia. Nor is my rectal area familiar with Ron's manhood. Shula is not sniffing any part of my anatomy, and neither Cam, nor Luke, have procreated with the wife. I may be disappointed with how this season progressed. But I am smart enough, I hope, to see that the future here in Panther Land looks really good.

Oh.... And GOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just maybe not so much this year, eh?

Good night, and Good Holidays.

Only thing worse than fair weather fans  and doomsday folks are the asshats that just can't help themselves to type all of that to bash them. Hopefully you feel better? Maybe the release you got from that is something similar to SCP's stories about a memorable bathroom visit? In the end, release came from dropping poo~

Happy Holidays~

3 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Only thing worse than fair weather fans  and doomsday folks are the asshats that just can't help themselves to type all of that to bash them. Hopefully you feel better? Maybe the release you got from that is something similar to SCP's stories about a memorable bathroom visit? In the end, release came from dropping poo~

Happy Holidays~

On behalf of all "Asshats" everywhere. Thanks for reading. Somehow I do believe this season has left you with some residual frustration which is messin' with your che. Let it go. Just let it go.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Olsen is on pace for his 3rd straight 1,000yd season. Which, by the way, has never been done before. KB is on pace for his 2nd 1,000yd season. And yet, Olsen is basically being ignored, and KB is being called a bust. All because folks are fixated on the losing record, and the loss of Josh...

Good post bro. I can't remember this place being so depressing after a Panther win. Glad someone around has some perspective.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

KB is on pace for 941 yards and 6 TDs

He isn't a bust but he is a disappointment in the fact he simply doesn't appear to have the skill set to be a legit #1 WR. 

If you think of this as his sophomore year (which it is because of injuries), it looks a lot better. And, if he turns out to be heir apparent to Moose Muhammad, that's a pretty good thing, too.

15 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

If you think of this as his sophomore year (which it is because of injuries), it looks a lot better. And, if he turns out to be heir apparent to Moose Muhammad, that's a pretty good thing, too.

Moose had a more complete skill set IMO and could threaten a team in more ways.  He wasn't awesome in all those ways but definately functioned in a wide variety of ways. 

KB has a great niche.  That's actually okay.  But isn't diverse and doesn't appear to have a skill set to be an overall well rounded WR at this level 

Archived