• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Williams opinions

AU-panther

Given KB and FUnchess' underwhelming 2016 efforts, If Mike was thrown in the mix in an open competition for the #1 spot in training camp I guess it wouldn't be a terrible move if he turned out to be great. But the panthers have to give him a chance and some good playing time, I know this team loves to start their veterans no matter how badly they may be underperforming.

On 1/4/2017 at 1:20 AM, Hoenheim said:

so would funchess be relegated to 3rd string? or would our shiny new 1st rounder WR be riding the pine? IDK its possible Ginn could be gone but I doubt it since he's our only speed receiver that actually gets playing time.

Based on snap counts Funchess was our 4th option last year.

KB,Ginn, and Brown all saw more snaps than Funchess last year 

He's somewhere between Julio Jones, AJ Green, and DeAndre Hopkins.

He'll be very good at the next level, and is easily the top WR.

That said, I think we'll have better options at #8. I wouldn't hate it if we got him, because I think he'll be great, but I would hope would could address a bigger need that early on in the draft.

He runs very good routes, gets good position, times his jumps well, and isn't afraid of contact.

5 hours ago, Bronn said:

He's somewhere between Julio Jones, AJ Green, and DeAndre Hopkins.

He'll be very good at the next level, and is easily the top WR.

That said, I think we'll have better options at #8. I wouldn't hate it if we got him, because I think he'll be great, but I would hope would could address a bigger need that early on in the draft.

He runs very good routes, gets good position, times his jumps well, and isn't afraid of contact.

He is imo the top WR prospect in this draft. However, comparing him to Julio and AJ is bit of a stretch. He's somewhere between Hopkins, Mike Evans and Alshon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Shocker said:

l think Corey Davis is much better but Mike is a good possession WR.  Lacks speed.

Which exactly describes Benjamin and to a lesser extent Funchess. Mike Williams is a waste on our team unless we decide to get rid of Funchess somehow , otherwise you have way too many big slow dudes with no YAC ability taking up valuable WR roster slots.

I'm not even sure I'd want Corey Davis over John Ross who seems to be the premier speed threat in this draft. Probably not enough value at pick 8, but if we trade down perfect value to get him later in the 1st. He will not be there at pick 40 bank on it, too many playoff teams near the end of the 1st that could use a speedster and everyone and their mom was watching tyreek hill burn people last season.

If we don't trade down, Dede Westbrook would be the best WR we could get for our needs in this draft. He's supposed to be just as fast as John Ross but he should still be there in the 2nd , 3rd, or even 4th round if he drops that far. 

• 1 month later...

Archived