• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Williams opinions

AU-panther

I know we have Clemson fans around here so I was curious to what their opinions were of Mike Williams. 

He seem to be considered one of the top, if not the top, receivers in this draft class.  Also is seems very possible for him to available in the range we might be picking.

I've watched some highlight videos of him, but lets be honest, everyone looks good in a highlight video.  What I did see though was a guy with very good body control, good size, and good hands. I didn't really notice elite speed.

I don't think receiver is our biggest need but the right one could help our offense immensely.  Namely a true all around #1.  The type of guy that can make the tough catches in traffic but also has the speed to go deep.  The guy that runs good routes and has great hands.  The other type we need is the smaller dynamic speed receiver, the DeSean Jackson type or even Tyler Locket.

Does Williams have the potential to be that "#1"  type receiver?  (I really hate the #1 and #2 type of labels)

Not a Clemson fan, but being a UNC fan I watch a lot of ACC football. I like Wiliams, but he's not what we need. He's another big bodied WR with marginal NFL speed.

For the record, I was begging and pleading for us to draft DeAndre Hopkins ins 2013 until Star fell in our laps. I thought he was the best WR in that class.

You really think we're going to draft another big possession receiver when we already have Benji and Funchess? If anything we need a younger Ted Ginn with hands. There are probably receivers like that but the Panthers won't even consider them unless they are around the later rounds.

6 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

You really think we're going to draft another big possession receiver when we already have Benji and Funchess? If anything we need a younger Ted Ginn with hands. There are probably receivers like that but the Panthers won't even consider them unless they are around the later rounds.

Williams is a lot more elusive and athletic than KB and Fungess. Drawing Bey Bey Thomas comparison.

Archived