• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#GaNope

Catufb85

3 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Why does Cam get the excuse of a bad O-line, but Gano, with a broken bone in his foot and the same bad O-line can't use the same excuse?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

B/C he missed the game winning FG that was the spark to this season spiraling out of control. He's just another K who's having a bad year. I have no idea what the oline has to do with anything

B/C he missed the game winning FG that was the spark to this season spiraling out of control. He's just another K who's having a bad year. I have no idea what the oline has to do with anything

But that O-line has taken the blame for Cam's problems and if you're actually suggesting this season falls on him, perhaps you should find something else to do on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

But that O-line has taken the blame for Cam's problems and if you're actually suggesting this season falls on him, perhaps you should find something else to do on Sunday.

dude what the hell are you on? the overall play of the O line has literally NOTHING to do with how they protect on FG attempts. Nice strawman, but try again.

dude what the hell are you on? the overall play of the O line has literally NOTHING to do with how they protect on FG attempts. Nice strawman, but try again.

Okay, now that you've put your idiocy on full display... the talent and personnel are the same. The only difference is Jansen. So explain to all us how Remmers sucks as a LG, but not on field goals.

4 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Okay, now that you've put your idiocy on full display... the talent and personnel are the same. The only difference is Jansen. So explain to all us how Remmers sucks as a LG, but not on field goals.

First of all Remmers is a Tackle, second of all run and pass blocking is completely different at the tackle position then blocking on FG's. When you run block you need speed and strength to move your man out of the way, during pass blocking you need to be quick and agile while not allowing your man to get past you. Your splits when your pass/run blocking are about a foot and a half apart meaning the gaps the DT's and DE's can hit are much much wider, also while blocking for a FG you have a TE on both sides of you, that reduces alot of pressure off someone like Remmers because as a tackle you dont have to worry about being beat on the edge in this scenario as your TE will be dealing with that(about dickson's only strength is that he is quick enough to not allow a CB to just utterly blow past him). So yeah if you actually played Tackle in even middle school you'd know that run and pass blocking are very much different from blocking on a FG, blocking on a FG just requires strength, your job is to work with the guard beside you to not allow penetration. If the DT penetrates you then need to throw your elbow as hard as you possibly can into his gut as he attempts to get his hands up.

10 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

First of all Remmers is a Tackle, second of all run and pass blocking is completely different at the tackle position then blocking on FG's. When you run block you need speed and strength to move your man out of the way, during pass blocking you need to be quick and agile while not allowing your man to get past you. Your splits when your pass/run blocking are about a foot and a half apart meaning the gaps the DT's and DE's can hit are much much wider, also while blocking for a FG you have a TE on both sides of you, that reduces alot of pressure off someone like Remmers because as a tackle you dont have to worry about being beat on the edge in this scenario as your TE will be dealing with that(about dickson's only strength is that he is quick enough to not allow a CB to just utterly blow past him). So yeah if you actually played Tackle in even middle school you'd know that run and pass blocking are very much different from blocking on a FG, blocking on a FG just requires strength, your job is to work with the guard beside you to not allow penetration. If the DT penetrates you then need to throw your elbow as hard as you possibly can into his gut as he attempts to get his hands up.

Well, dayum... if it's that fugging simple, why do all of Cam's problems seem to find their way back to the O-line?

All they need is to hire you as a coach!

The bottom line is this- the O-line is atrocious and was all season. And this message board is full of people like you who will blame Graham Gano missing field goals as the basis for an entire lost season while at the same time blaming the O-line for all of Cam's horrible decisions, poor mechanics, 6 INTs (3 dropped) and other mistakes.

4 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Well, dayum... if it's that fugging simple, why do all of Cam's problems seem to find their way back to the O-line?

All they need is to hire you as a coach!

The bottom line is this- the O-line is atrocious and was all season. And this message board is full of people like you who will blame Graham Gano missing field goals as the basis for an entire lost season while at the same time blaming the O-line for all of Cam's horrible decisions, poor mechanics, 6 INTs (3 dropped) and other mistakes.

I don't blame the O-line much, the two most important pieces got Injured and the weakest link got thrown into the most important position for 13/16 games. A lot of things went wrong this season. I could go through and explain why the O line, WR, RB's, QB, Secondary, LB's and D line all had games where they under preformed or got hurt, but I don't want to bore you anymore than I already have... In my opinion it all starts at the top with stoic ron and his O and D coordinators. If I had to pick an absolute low for the season it was the DA fade on MNF football on first and goal from the 1 that got picked off, sums up why I want shula gone.

Archived