• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Free Agents and their rankings

Ricky Spanish

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

both FA and the draft are stupendously deep at every single position of great weakness on theis team and if we don't walk into august with all of those positions seeing significant investment then shame on us.

Really though. 

Combine our cap space with our draft position and there's no excuses this offseason. There is NO reason why this team can't be back in the conference championship next season. 

And that's coming from someone who 90% of the time is VERY pesimistic.

I'm surprised to see Cyprien graded out so well. I was a fan of him back during the draft process and has always been a player I like to watch.

However if you go over to the Jags board the entire board couldn't care less if they bring him back or not. He is truly a in box safety these days and struggles in coverage. 

He could be a nice get and not cost too much.

Sheard/JPP/Cyprien would be a nice trio without costing too much besides JPP obviously 

3 great young fullbacks I'd love to have here. Really think we should snag one of them at whatever the market cost for a FB is rather than trying to draft one late or try out UDFAs like we've been doing. That to me should be a priority in FA, first day even. One of the few positions that getting a top player won't break the bank but will have a huge impact on the team. Tolbert needs to go.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I'm surprised to see Cyprien graded out so well. I was a fan of him back during the draft process and has always been a player I like to watch.

However if you go over to the Jags board the entire board couldn't care less if they bring him back or not. He is truly a in box safety these days and struggles in coverage. 

He could be a nice get and not cost too much

Same.  I remember when he was drafted, how pissed I got that we couldn't get him coming out of FIU. I don't know what happened in JAX, but I'm guessing a change of scenery to a defensive mastermind like Carolina will resurrect him. 

I'm also happy with bringing in Jefferson, but I prefer Cyprien's style here and he's an inch taller...not that it really matters, but just sayin'.  Cyprien reminds me of Mike Mitchell and Chris Harris' style of play and then we brought them here and they thrived. 

Let's do it again and then we can go either Barnett/Fournette in R1 instead of safety. Or we could technically go Adams/Hooker in R1 and then come back with Chandler Jones or JPP at DE.

Just now, Cracka McNasty said:

All positions but Tackle it seems :(

Sebastian Vollmer.

Sat out the entire year with a bad...hip? Anyway he missed the year and he could be a nice cheap get on a prove it type deal. 

He was solid when healthy before this past season. I'm guessing Dave and company are happy with Williams at RT though...

8 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Same.  I remember when he was drafted, how pissed I got that we couldn't get him coming out of FIU. I don't know what happened in JAX, but I'm guessing a change of scenery to a defensive mastermind like Carolina will resurrect him. 

I'm also happy with bringing in Jefferson, but I prefer Cyprien's style here and he's an inch taller...not that it really matters, but just sayin'.  Cyprien reminds me of Mike Mitchell and Chris Harris' style of play and then we brought them here and they thrived. 

Let's do it again and then we can go either Barnett/Fournette in R1 instead of safety. Or we could technically go Adams/Hooker in R1 and then come back with Chandler Jones or JPP at DE.

Thing is we need multiple DE's and really only one safety, preferably a SS.

Give me the young motors on cheaper deals at a more premium position combined with experience on the back end instead of the other way around.  Please.

In FA, give me:

DE Chandler Jones

SAF Jonathan Cyprien

one of Kenny Stills/Kendall Wright/Cordarelle Patterson 

FB James Develin.  

Franchise Short.  

Re-sign Remmers for backup, Johnson for nickel, CJ for cheap and see if you can get Addison back on a sweetheart deal... if not, let him go. 

Release Tolbert.  Try to restructure J.Stew to a 2 or 3 yr deal at a lower cap number....dude has already made his dough.

Draft Derek Barnett, D'Onta Foreman and trade 3rd rounder + 18 3rd rounder for Joe Thomas or Joe Staley, draft Jordan Leggett with our 3rd compensatory.

Superb Owl

Archived