• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Jonathan Allen Fall to 8

Catufb85

1 hour ago, Icebox said:

If he's there at 8, you should definitely pull the trigger. I think you usually want to draft the guy falling down the boards than the guy unexpectedly surging at the last minute because long-term assessments are usually more reliable.

I wonder if anyone has done an analysis of that before: whether teams fare better reaching based on expectations or falling based on expectation... One guy I can think of is Aaron Rogers. Predicted to go top 5... slips all the way to almost the end of the first round. Lots of people questioned the move because they had Favre, but It ended up being a phenomenal pick for the Packers. Another guy: Randy Moss, but he fell for character concerns, not talent assessment. Counterargument: Randy Gregory.

Pickles

Found a mock with us getting Allen somehow:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/01/2017_nfl_mock_draft_buffalo_bills_deshaun_watson_corey_davis.html

8. Carolina Panthers - Jonathan Allen, defensive lineman, Alabama

The Panthers could use more help on the defensive line, and Jonathan Allen is arguably the best defensive lineman in this draft. He could go much higher than this.

Guest Lasus83

Peppers was constantly reported to have a playing weight around and in excess of 300 when he was here.

A lot has to go right for him to slip to 8... and Im not 100% on the Allen train... he wasn't a clowney-esque world beater in last nights game

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

5 minutes ago, Lasus83 said:

Peppers was constantly reported to have a playing weight around and in excess of 300 when he was here.

A lot has to go right for him to slip to 8... and Im not 100% on the Allen train... he wasn't a clowney-esque world beater in last nights game

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Neither was KK Short in the Super Bowl and most of this, his contract year.

Guest Lasus83
9 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

i think san diego snags allen right before us. 

pair him up with bosa. dizzzammn ... that's a lethal duo

Might not be calling them San Diego much longer.  Those losers couldn't even beat the Browns.  Now they're way behind the off-season evaluation 8 ball without a coach and the most important thing of all-a place to call home with a political firestorm and possible move imminent.  Throw in the fact that they took a RB and DE in the most recent drafts and I feel pretty good about them not playing spoiler to our master plan in April.  

I just watched my first breakdown of his, vs Auburn.  Not gonna make a final opinion based off one game but I wasn't impressed.  His was the slowest burst off the snap I've ever seen. Like he was standing in wet concrete.  Seems like it takes a long time for the signal to go from eyes to brain that it's time to move.  He got a few plays in, but he was stonewalled a lot and as often by one guy as by double teams.  As of now, do not want even if he could transition to DE and DEFINITELY not as another bench warming DT. 

Archived