• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ratt Ryan, MVP?

Moose87Banks

Matt Ryan has been consistent except for a few games this whole year. That's all he has going for him.

Brady has been near spotless, aside the fact he was suspended. He deserves it if they don't consider suspended games, and it's not even close.

Rodgers started off rough, but he came up these recent games. It's sort of like the Wilson situation of 2015 - started off rough  , but looked good the rest of the year. I think that's what'll give him the axe.

If it was best player, I would say Brady.  But for MVP, its hard to say he was the MVP when his team went 3-1 without him.  If Ryan or Rogers went down, their teams would be sub 500.  

I would throw Carr into the mix.  With him, the Raiders were challenging for the one seed.  Without him, they fell off a cliff.  That is a very valuable player.  

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If it was best player, I would say Brady.  But for MVP, its hard to say he was the MVP when his team went 3-1 without him.  If Ryan or Rogers went down, their teams would be sub 500.  

I would throw Carr into the mix.  With him, the Raiders were challenging for the one seed.  Without him, they fell off a cliff.  That is a very valuable player.  

I think this element should be every bit as important as numbers.  Rodgers is the true MVP  

Team sport, blah blah

1 hour ago, Doobs0 said:

Matt has better stats than Aaron, but yea it really shouldn't be close

Aaron Rodgers accounted for 6 more TDs and the same number of INTs as Matt Ryan.

Aaron Rodgers accounted for 86% of his team's TDs on the season, compared to Matt Ryan's 60%.

Aaron Rodgers accounted for 81% of his team's yards on the season, compared to Matt Ryan's 76%.

Matt Ryan had the league's 5th-best running game compared to Aaron Rodgers' 20th-ranked running game.

Matt Ryan also has arguably the best receiver in the NFL.

Putt Matt Ryan in GB's offense, and they would be very lucky to win 8 games. Put Aaron Rodgers in Atlanta's offense and they are probably winning a minimum of 14 games.

I'm surprised so many are on the Ryan for MVP bandwagon. The numbers are good. Not great. And he has the benefit of having the best WR in the league and a very underrated RB duo. He isn't even the most valuable player on his own team... Julio is....  Shouldn't supporting cast count for something?

Brady had as many wins as Ryan in only 12 games. Only 2 intercceptions all year.

Rodgers did more with less.

Prescott and Zeke were better players on a better team

14 hours ago, Icebox said:

I'm surprised so many are on the Ryan for MVP bandwagon. The numbers are good. Not great. And he has the benefit of having the best WR in the league and a very underrated RB duo. He isn't even the most valuable player on his own team... Julio is....  Shouldn't supporting cast count for something?

Brady had as many wins as Ryan in only 12 games. Only 2 intercceptions all year.

Rodgers did more with less.

Prescott and Zeke were better players on a better team

Well we were 5 n 0 when Julio had under 50 yards or did not play

Archived