• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And the Falcons Keep On Crumbling...

Saca312

On 2/8/2017 at 9:51 PM, Udogg said:

Maybe after a bad loss like that, it's what you have to do.  Maybe if we would have cut a lot of coaches and change the culture a little we may not have had such a bad season.  

This may be true.  So many of us were PSYCHED by our continuity from 2015 to 2016 and it blew up in our faces.  A sense of urgency is a good thing... I'm thinking Atlanta may have learned a few things from the Panthers' post-Super Bowl "complacency" and are trying to find their own way of avoiding the SuperBowl curse

On 2/8/2017 at 5:29 PM, Saca312 said:

That's what's hilarious about this.

If you want continuity of success, you keep everyone rather than blow it up. Getting a new DC, OC, and such will change up an offense and defense.

Their OC supposedly will keep the WC system Shanahan placed. Thing is, I think teams are about to figure it out this offseason. Patriots showed a bit by protecting the edges and trying to force them down the middle even with their average talent.

If the OC can't adapt and figure out new things to use in the NFL, there will be a regression by Matt Ryan indefinitely.

Now, a new DC after the unit began looking solid? Might change things up a bit, though I'll hold my breath until I see who they hire.

Its more the play calling than the scheme. Shanahan is one of the best play callers there is. He even made the Jets look decent. Then again when Bill figured him out it was the old falcants all over again. 

On 2/8/2017 at 5:17 PM, panthers55 said:

Or we could have been Cleveland and gone 1-15. Coulda shoulda woulda game cuts both ways.

Doesn't matter and honestly that'd be better this season as the draft is strong as hell.

Myles Garrett would turn our team around quicker and better than whoever we will get at 8....it's a Peppers type cornerstone DE.

No one gives a fug if we are 1-15 or 6-10...losing season is losing season the only difference is you get worse draft position and having 1 and 33 would be better than 6-10.

1 hour ago, Fox007 said:

Doesn't matter and honestly that'd be better this season as the draft is strong as hell.

Myles Garrett would turn our team around quicker and better than whoever we will get at 8....it's a Peppers type cornerstone DE.

No one gives a fug if we are 1-15 or 6-10...losing season is losing season the only difference is you get worse draft position and having 1 and 33 would be better than 6-10.

Nah I never agree that how many you win doesn't matter or that a team that fights to the end is anything like a team that folds like a Swiss army knife.  And I don't think there is anyone who can come in and turn things around overnight. That is a myth here. The.last guy who had an impact was Cam and we still finished 6-10 and then 7-9.  Rookies struggle plain and simple. There are ten that do for e dry you can name that light it up. And most of those player for poor teams. 

Archived